Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fahrenheit 9/11 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Re:Fahrenheit 9/11

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86629 date=1089922818]
    Remember the American people do not elect the president, the electoral college does.
    [/quote]

and who elects the electoral college? oh sorry that was a dumb question... you guys elect them :

[quote author=eslackey link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86626 date=1089918258]
    Is there a reason why you believe you can't do a lot with your life if you join the Marines?
    Also where did you hear that BS that you get a "better position" if you convince your friends to join.
    [/quote]

Apology. I did not mean to say that joining the Marines was bad, or that Marines are doing less with their life. I meant to say that my friend is not joining it for the right reasons, he's joining it a) because of a girl b) because he didn't fully think it through. And that I don't think it's suite for either of them.

As for the better position thing, maybe it is BS, but that's what my friend seemed to think was the case.

And CAssIus, if you don't want to vote for Bush or Kerry, sign those petitions to get Nader on the ballot! Even if you don't agree with Nader, a vote for him (Or Kucinich is still running also) is a way of saying I want to vote but I don't want to vote for Bush or Kerry.

[quote author=gorn link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86642 date=1089926723]
    Apology. I did not mean to say that joining the Marines was bad, or that Marines are doing less with their life. I meant to say that my friend is not joining it for the right reasons, he's joining it a) because of a girl b) because he didn't fully think it through. And that I don't think it's suite for either of them.
    [/quote]

OK that sounds a little better, thanks for clearing that up.

[quote author=gorn link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86642 date=1089926723]
    As for the better position thing, maybe it is BS, but that's what my friend seemed to think was the case.
    [/quote]
    Your friend is going to mighty surprised when he learns that his job in the military is mostly decided by the aptitude test they make you take.

Good Guru

Well, not a day goes by that I really wish I had joined the Navy. I could have had a job on a sub doing nuclear work on the reactors. Beats the hell out of the crap I deal with now.

Job hunting
    A bunch of clients that want me to do miracles with non-existen software and cant comprehend why it cant be done.

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86629 date=1089922818]

Oh and as for your 'If you aint part of the solution, yous part of the problem.' stance. Remember the American people do not elect the president, the electoral college does.
    [/quote]

Now I'm not the most familiar with the American system, but are you saying that if nobody in the entire United States of America cast a single vote, the outcome would be exactly the same as if every last soul had shown up and cast their vote for their candidate? I find that a bit hard to swallow, myself.

As for those who don't vote because they don't like the candidates, it's very important that you swallow hard and vote anyway. There were a _lot_ of people complaining about how they had to choose the "lesser of 3 evils" in the Canadian election, and hence didn't vote as they didn't consider it worth their time. Rick Mercer (Canadian Media Icon) said it best during the election coverage. Something to the effect of
    When choosing a party to lead the country for the next 4 years, it is VERY VERY important to vote for the lesser of the 3 evils...because if you don't cast your vote for the least evil party, then the _most_ evil party will win, and not voting against them would make you pro-evil.
    For those of you who refuse to take part in the voting system, I highly recommend you cast your vote for whichever candidate you dislike the least, and then do what you can to get the system changed (write to MPs? I dunno the best way to get things done south of the border).

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86652 date=1089934399]
    There were a _lot_ of people complaining about how they had to choose the "lesser of 3 evils" in the Canadian election, and hence didn't vote as they didn't consider it worth their time.
    [/quote]

Voting for the lesser of N evils will not solve your problems. Your in fact supporting a corrupt system with your vote. Either you vote for a neo-con or a left wing con, you're still voting for two men who support aimless killing of innocent Iraqui's.

How long are you guys gonna let it go on? Maybe you guys like it?

At first I didn't want to believe it, but now after alittle research it turns out it is the oil the US is after. I remember Bush coming on and asking Iraqui's not to burn their oil fields, days after the fighting begun. Do your own research, it's not about left wing liberal conspiracy theories there's alot of number crunching out there that says that if the US wants to keep its way of life they need to steal the oil away from other countrie. Being that there will shortly be a oil shortage and what not. Think it was Dick Cheney, yeah the neo-con with a lesbo daughter, who said "The american way of life is non-negotiable". Americans have grown accustomed to cheap oil, and they will do anything to keep it that way. Unfortunately mother natures sez "Adapt or die."

Oh by the way I just spoke to my younger brother who enrolled into the US Marines Corps, and turns out that you do get promotions for getting your 'friends' to enroll. Think it's a rank for every two people that enroll, but you can only go upto class corporal or something to that effect.

I think that alot of the young people join, because of the poor economy. It's either manual labor, or the armed forces. Atleast that's how it is out here in the ghetto, don't know about your affluent white neighborhoods.

Wow, so the American army reinvented the pyramid scheme, this is just sick - either you sign up of your own free will, or you don't sign up at all... none of this con one person into it and you get a free toaster thing.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86656 date=1089941286]
    Wow, so the American army reinvented the pyramid scheme, this is just sick - either you sign up of your own free will, or you don't sign up at all... none of this con one person into it and you get a free toaster thing.
    [/quote]

Free toaster you say? Where do I sign up?