Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fahrenheit 9/11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11

I just watched it.. well Moore did say he had no problem with anyone downloading it, and since I had a good time reading his books and watching his other documentaries I didn't feel like waiting another month for it to hit the cinemas over there.

And I must say I liked it alot, my one big regret though, when he was slacking all the countries in the collalition he missed out Denmark - which actually send troops, in his book Dude where's my country, he also just skips over Denmark saying "I didn't ever feel it was part of Europe anyways [about denmark and the other nordic countries]".. I mean COME ON, slack my country good, they send troops to Iraq when up to 70% of the population disagreed with it.. it's an easy target.

Oh and do your army recruiters really do that Jehova's Witnesses style missioning to young kids.. that's just disgusting..

Otherwise I thought Fahrenheit was good infotainment, al though I did know about a lot of the Bush/Bin Laden stuff already, it was a nice summary. Somehow though I found this to be a weaker movie than Bowling for Columbine, maybe it's because this movie is about a purely america thing, the election and it mentions all these companies and persons - which are relatively unknown outside the US (I knew the better part of them but I had to look up a few afterwards to know what their jobs were and such).

A most enjoyable documentary overall though.

Mentor

Re:Fahrenheit 9/11

This and this article sheds some light on the movie.

i watched it 2 days ago... it's very good allthough you get no new information whatsoever if you've read his books

but like Lovechild says, it's a good summary of everything that's wrong with this administration and it was great to see how arrogant Bush reacts when he's being interviewed. i can't imagine anyone watching this movie and still voting for Bush.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86618 date=1089912246]Oh and do your army recruiters really do that Jehova's Witnesses style missioning to young kids.. that's just disgusting.. [/quote]

Two of my friends now are joining the marines. Both went with me to anti-war protests before. One was in the young marines, but hated it because she thought it was a bunch of people abusing their power that they shouldn't have anyway (And she wants to join the marines now why?). The other is a really shy, small, meek guy that's really smart and could do a lot with his life, and because of his girl he's going to join the marines. And they were trying to get friends to join to because if you get your friends to join you get a better position. So convince your friends to get shot, and you don't need to.

It's really sad seeing them join. I haven't been too close with them since last summer (got in a bit of a fight with the girl, and then I left for school, and those 2 kinda drifted out of my still-in-chicago group, so I don't see them much anymore) so maybe they have just changed, but I fear it's less them changing but them thinking this is something it's not. Or the girl liking the idea and the guy being whipped.

And cloverm: http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/index.php

(Obviously Moore is biased, and obviously your links are as well, the fact is even if Moore is off/bending the truth on a couple of his points, he had a LOT of points)

The film was interesting, to say the least. But I already knew alot of the information in the movie, just not how deep it went though. Still a good film, I'd recommend watching this film to any american still undecided on which way to go.

I'm not voting so to all you guys who plan on voting, good luck.

[quote author=gorn link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86622 date=1089914737]
    The other is a really shy, small, meek guy that's really smart and could do a lot with his life, and because of his girl he's going to join the marines. And they were trying to get friends to join to because if you get your friends to join you get a better position. So convince your friends to get shot, and you don't need to.
    [/quote]
    Is there a reason why you believe you can't do a lot with your life if you join the Marines?
    Also where did you hear that BS that you get a "better position" if you convince your friends to join.

You can hardly say anything without bias.. we are ALL biased, attacking Michael Moore for doing it on film isn't really productive.

Oh and if you aren't voting, then you aren't part of the solution - if you feel there are no valid candidates go and drop a blank vote in the box. Either way if you don't vote you lose your right to complain, you did not do anything to change the situation when you had the chance.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86627 date=1089919775]
    Oh and if you aren't voting, then you aren't part of the solution - if you feel there are no valid candidates go and drop a blank vote in the box.
    [/quote]

BOX?!

Ummmm ... I don't think that electronic voting allows you to leave a blank ballot, I could be wrong though. There's alot that has changed since the last presidential election, not necessarily for the better.

Oh and as for your 'If you aint part of the solution, yous part of the problem.' stance. Remember the American people do not elect the president, the electoral college does.

LC said it best this time

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86629 date=1089922818]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9516;start=0#msg86627 date=1089919775]
    Oh and if you aren't voting, then you aren't part of the solution - if you feel there are no valid candidates go and drop a blank vote in the box.
    [/quote]

BOX?!

Ummmm ... I don't think that electronic voting allows you to leave a black ballot, I could be wrong though. There's alot that has changed since the last presidential election, not necessarily for the better.

Oh and as for your 'If you aint part of the solution, yous part of the problem.' stance. Remember the American people do not elect the president, the electoral college does.
    [/quote]

small nation we use real paper votes and put them in boxes afterward, I kinda forgot it doesn't work that way in the US.

and yes your electoral system does indeed suck, as does the two party system - honestly there's such a widespread within both major parties that they don't even have key issues - it should be smaller parties, that way people would know what they were voting for. Maybe it's just because I'm used to having many parties and have them form collalitions to win elections, so you wouldn't waste your vote by voteing outside the two largest parties.