Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Foo got game?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo got game?

Hybrid View

Foo got game?

Well I think I finally have the reasources to put together a game server for the Foo, and while I am strapped for disk space on my personal web server, I think I can just squeeze in Unreal Tournament 2004 (The dedicated server with the default maps is 2.7 GB) So I am going to upload a stipped down mapset and go from there.

I intend to make it a public server but also having some Foo-only events (that is if there are enough of us with ut2k4) Let me know what you guys think, as well as any ideas (I may change up the game too depending on wether or not enough of us have ut2k4)

Now let me know if only like two of us have ut2k4, and everyone has quake3 or something, because I can change the game.without much problem.

Cool idea.

Its a shame I don't game...

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you all though...

Well, mc, you are going to have to play at least some games with us, It just wouldnt be the same if someone didnt walk away singing "I killed the admin"

I played CounterStrike for a month.

Swore never to play another game like that again.... its too adictive...

LoL, I made an oath like that once, It lasted all of a week :lol:

Re: Foo got game?

I'm currently holding on a similar oath with World of Warcraft.

I did play ut2k4 in the past, and I might still have the disks. Only problem is, it's one of those games that I <cough>"borrowed from the torrents"</cough> at one point. I'm not sure if I want to do that again. If people like the game, I may just have to go out and buy it.

Of course, there's always BZFlag (blech).

For such a seemingly popular game, you would have thought that it would be a little more... ummm... game!

Thats awesome Zen, I was going to set something like that up earlier, I have the extra computers but not the bandwidth. I have UT2004 and Quake3 and of course Enemy Territory, I would love to play online with other Fooeys. Let me know if you need play testing or anything.

I stopped playing counterstrike after about a month too, I just got tired of all the cheaters in the game. It was either that or I REALLY sucked.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Well Bandwidth shouldnt be an issue,(I have some 80GB/month or more but we will see how it goes,Ihave never really operated a big game server like this before, it should be interesting.

Advisor
    I have q3 and americas army, maybe AA would be the way to go cause it's free

Re: Foo got game?

An excellent idea! I think Enemy Territory is also free.

I don't know about Enemy Territory, but I know that AA will work on my system (OS X/PPC nix) - so that one is always good.

Not sure if I really liked the game that much when I last played it though (it was a while ago, before the 2.x came out).

Ut2k4 is definately better - but again, that adds other issues.