Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The political mudslinging thread

Thread: The political mudslinging thread

The political mudslinging thread

Okay, sice you guys didn't behave in my prediction thread.. please use this thread to flame any politician you like.. regenerate and resort to namecalling..

ANYTHING BUT BE OBJECTIVE AND PROVIDE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO AN HONEST PREDICTION!!

Good Guru

Re:The political mudslinging thread

I doubt you will get much response here since people only want to do what is forbidden. :P

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=17;threadid=9488;start=0#msg86182 date=1089513740]
    I doubt you will get much response here since people only want to do what is forbidden. :P
    [/quote]

I'm trying to trick them... reverse psychology

this whole thing about not being allowed to go off topic anymore is really just extremely pathetic (not to mention hypocritical considering where it's coming from)

if people take a conversation into a certain direction, then by all means let them... it's happened countless times before and no matter how hard you try you just won't be able to prevent this unless you wanna moderate the hell out of every conversation that goes on around here. Which would undoubtably piss a lot of people off.

We had that happen before, and it got incredibly out of control. A bunch of members left, and others had bad blood for a long time. The alternate board was made as an alternative for that. There is not moderation going on there.

Like here, for example:

http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabbse/in...;threadid=6554

We lost a few members there.

Good Guru

If people aren't old enough for a healthy debate, I'm all for loosing them all.

If you don't have a thick skin, you shouldn't be participating this kind of things anyway. There are times that I just let it go because I wasn't in the mood for a debate. I never visit that off topic forum because I think it was just lame.

Problem is that the main objective of the forum is linux help. Although some of the people that have left were not "though skinned", they were contributors to the forum.

[me=burntash]starts slinging mud around[/me]

*gets nailed in the crossfire

wait a tick... it's not crossfire if it's aimed at you.

Good Guru

Yes, every forum has its objectives. But then again, it's all about community as well. There are times where you will have some hippcups. There are times when you will have some fights. Everything in life is like that. When you get married, if there is no fight and disagreements, then your marriage will break soon since it's virtually boring for both of you. It's just the way life is.

ONE of the reasons why LJR traffic has slow traffic is THAT. It's boring.