Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Who will win the US elections?

Re:Who will win the US elections?

Bush hasn't done anything good for this country. He has made it more security prone. Raised the taxes for the poor & middle class.

Hasn't found any WMD in Iraq. Still battling in Afgah. And made more enemies then we had before.

Good Guru

[quote author=Saptech link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=90#msg88639 date=1094438297]
    Bush hasn't done anything good for this country. He has made it more security prone. Raised the taxes for the poor & middle class.

Hasn't found any WMD in Iraq. Still battling in Afgah. And made more enemies then we had before.

[/quote]

Well I am difintely lower class (12K a year for the last 3 years). I definitely felt it -- in a good way. Thats a crock of left wing propogandist shit to say that only the wealthy reap the benefits. I got over 2K back that I wouldnt otherwise. And as far as the enemies, they always were. Just in sheeps clothing.

[quote author=cassius link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=30#msg88222 date=1093368409]
    EDITED BY Trickster.

Removed insult.
    [/quote]

What the fuck?! >

[quote author=cassius link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=90#msg88854 date=1095207983]
    [quote author=cassius link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=30#msg88222 date=1093368409]
    EDITED BY Trickster.

Removed insult.
    [/quote]

What the fuck?! >
    [/quote]
    You called Cloverm stupid. Last time I checked, that was an insult.

Let's just take a few at random:

On that list I find it funny that they claim that Bush's push for christianity is "Religious Tolerance" and disallowing a woman to make decisions regarding her own body is "Respect for Women"

"Expanded the role of faith-based and community organizations in after-school programs."
    Where have I heard this before.. oh that's right that's how terrorists fund their work and gain followers - apparently it's bad when they do it, but when christians do it - it's worthy of making him president again.

"Requires districts to let students transfer out of dangerous schools."
    Which is so much better than actually funding your public school system and actually doing something to encourage those population groups to not commit criminal acts.. like ensuring that people don't have to STEAL to LIVE, while Bush gives the wealthy a taxcut who exploit them as cheap slave labor or outsource their jobs.

"Upheld the ban on abortions at military hospitals."
    So even though you serve your country, you are still not allow to make decisions regarding your own body - that's freedom if I ever saw it.

"By EO, prohibited federal funds for international family planning groups that provide abortions and related services."
    Showing a stunning knowledge of how many african societies work, and why this won't work at all.

"Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history."
    Hail you the reverse Robin Hood.

"Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States"
    A ban that is there because the european consumer is concern over GMO products, and we here require it to be labelled if stuff contains even traceamounts - to the best of my knowledge the US has failed to comply to this requirement of labelling content even if it's not used directly (say you feed a pig GMO veggies, you have to label the pork chops with GMO content).

"Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts."
    Because your HMO system works so well and businesses never screw over the average joe - so why not do the same to societies weak, those who need welfare... indeed a splendid idea

"Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency."
    Yes, lying about intelligence results, employing people who think torture is acceptable treatment of prisonners - people who even publicly take responsiblity for this. Yes.. that is so much worse to get it on in the oval office.

"Has reintroduced the mention of God and faith into public discourse."
    Which is such a good idea in a secular nation, I think you should study your good friends Saudi Arabia. And it shows such stunning respect of other faiths, cultures and state/church seperation. Not to mention it been a horrible thing in terms of fighting islamic terrorism - instead of working with our allies to help project a positive branch of islam rather than the radical branch that Al Queda does, let's face off with an equally radical christian branch.. the sure way to make America look like the good guys, really.

"Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days:"
    In the days after I think he did what everyone else in that position would, he followed the book - I don't envy him though.. And no it wasn't singledhandedly, everyone supported you through this great tragedy - first official to fly over to consol the american people was btw. the French president - the same french president you guys later accused of being a coward and a backstabber.. Way to handle your allies and ensuring that you remain on good terms with the world.

"Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act."
    This forces the schools lately to have students redo classes for several years for them not to drag their numbers down - or downright commit fraud (which has happened often). While I think education is probably the single most important thing society does for itself, this isn't the way.

"Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty."
    Which is just a great way of pissing the world off, showing the excellent diplomatic side that of the Bush administration.

"Killed Clinton's CO2 rules that were choking off all of the electricity surplus to California."
    Pissing on the environment, a Bush trademark, and now that Kyoto isn't in effect he can do this without penelty - looking at his trackrecord isn't encuraging since Texas under his rule became the most poluted state in the US. By all means reelect this guy, but please don't destroy the world I live in.

"Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured."
    That part is nice enough, but the process caused increased hatred of the american people and the american way of life - we can all agree that Saddam wasn't a nice guy but was the war really just given the facts that the intelligence was shuddy at best and we stil haven't found links between the Saddam reigm and terrorist cells of the Al Queda network.

"Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network."
    Hardline politics and contined unquestionable support of the Isreali nation despite it's transgressions against humanrights has caused a FLOOD of recruits to radical islamic terrorist organisations around the globe - everyone hates you, including longtime allies. If that's what you mean by worldwide cooperation and ending terrorism, then yes -- Bush, you the man.

"Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency."
    Yes, the UN condemns them - they treat the palestinian people as slave labor - they cost you guys 3 billion dollars a year in support alone, yet the palestinians get... zero dollars a year from you directly - way to encourage peace. and yes let's stay friends forever.

"Ordered a review of overseas deployments."
    That I'll give him, is a good idea - get the hell out of Europe - of course it was used politically to pressure us Europeans - but I agree it would be useful if the EU would finally agree on a union army force and withdrawl of US troops might be the push we need to get the ball rolling. The execution I'm not so sure about.

"Ordered each agency to draft a five-year plan to restructure itself, with fewer managers."
    Because small governments are always the answer.

"Double the research budget of the National Institutes of Health.'"
    Good, I'm a strong supporter of research, especially medical research - but what goals have been set for this cash?

"Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit."
    Because with a gun nobody will hurt you and guns on airplanes are such a good idea, especially since the pilot can fly the plane in a dangerous situation (hijacking) and command his body like a trained navy seal at the same time.. not to mention what happens now that the terrorists know there are weapons onboard for them to get their hands on as a last resort, I'm just saying.. why is this a good idea? - airport screening should still be done by rent-a-cops, rather than trained professionals, a brilliant idea if I ever saw one.

"Currently pushing for full immunity from lawsuits for our national gun manufacturers."
    ah.. good idea.. yes indeed. Given the american mentality of getting rich the old fasioned way, sueing people, it might make sense - but no business should above the law, and putting them out of risk of lawsuits is just the way to ensure equality on the market. Note the use of national, not just gun manufacturers - so you can still get rich by suing other gun makers.. have no fear.

"Ordered Attorney General Ashcroft to formally notify the Supreme Court that the OFFICIAL U.S. government position on the 2nd Amendment is that it supports INDIVIDUAL rights to own firearms, and is NOT a Leftist-imagined "collective" right."
    Because guns and fear mix so well, and yes everyone should have the right to own assault rifles.

"The White House released a guidebook fully describing the Administration's belief that faith-based groups have a Constitutionally-protected right to maintain their religious identity through hiring even when Federal funds are involved."
    Because when it works for islamic terrorists and we condemn it and try our damnest to shut it down, it should damn well better work for us - because WE are RIGHT.

"Committed US funds to purchase medicine for millions of men, women and children now suffering with AIDS in Africa."
    George I'll give you that, good idea - but buying it from american medico companies is ineffect a donation directly to those medico's rather than help to the africans - now allowing the nations to violate the gross patents on aids meds instead would really help.

Should I go on?

Well said, LC...you have my full support!

Yes we need assault WMD to go hunting with. Yes we reverse Robin Hood, Robbing da Hood!

etc etc etc....

Good Guru

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=90#msg88869 date=1095251025]

You called Cloverm stupid. Last time I checked, that was an insult.
    [/quote]

Well I didn't see it, but if that's the case I would agree. Disagreements are fine, just keep the name calling to people who earned it.

When I act like a dick, call me a dick. But if I am a dick, don't call me an asshole -- got it?

I was not calling anyone stupid, oh excuse me s/stupid/*, it was merely an expression. Such as 'Keep it simple stupid'.