Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win the US elections?

Re:Who will win the US elections?

GUYS !!!!!!!

Election prediction, not political mudslinging - save it for another thread.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86109 date=1089488852]
    GUYS !!!!!!!

[/quote]

you and i have turned many threads into political arguments... why do you mind if other people do it? i for one am glad they are discussing this

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86110 date=1089488947]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86109 date=1089488852]
    GUYS !!!!!!!

[/quote]

you and i have turned many threads into political arguments... why do you mind if other people do it? i for one am glad they are discussing this
    [/quote]

I was hoping to keep this one clean.. I even took steps to prevent mugslingning when I posted it.

I wanted to compare the Linuxjunior crowd to that of CNN's polls (which predict big win for Bush)

[quote author=burntash link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86102 date=1089485013]
    i wish to hear more of your racist dizzying intellect asci_blue
    [/quote]

'American' is not a race, thus his/her comments were not racist. Over generalized? Maybe. Racist? No.

'Americans' in geneeral are some the most racist people you will come across, be it anglos or otherwise. Don't believe me? Take a look at the U.S. hisoty books. Wasn't that long ago that schools were segregated, still are if you ask me.

But anyhow respect the authors wishes, and keep the discussion on topic. My vote is that Bush will most likely wish. I've already gave my reasons why.

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86117 date=1089494916]
    'American' is not a race, thus his/her comments were not racist. Over generalized? Maybe. Racist? No.
    [/quote]

american isnt a race, really?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=race

ill give you a little credibility for effort

Good Guru

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86117 date=1089494916]
    [/quote]
    I will have to agree with you. American is consists of many races. Currently White race is marginally majority with hispanics being the distance second. The estimates are that within a few decades if current growth rate still true plus the current immigration state, then White will becomes minority with power as the way with South Africa used to be.

Wasn't that long ago that schools were segregated, still are if you ask me.
    True. But at least, we officially abolished it. There are some countries where they never aknowledged that the segregation existed and never officially abolished it eventhough it still holds true.

But anyhow respect the authors wishes, and keep the discussion on topic.
    Well, he has been here long enough to know that the topics of this nature can never keep on-topic strictly. ;D ;D
    If you want only that sorta topic, post technical questions only. :P

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86147 date=1089496575]
    I will have to agree with you. American is consists of many races. Currently White race is marginally majority with hispanics being the distance second. The estimates are that within a few decades if current growth rate still true plus the current immigration state, then White will becomes minority with power as the way with South Africa used to be.
    [/quote]

im curious as how "american" is not a race when being African, German, Polish, etc is a race?

Good Guru

No, I see where LC is coming from and agree (wow, hell just froze over). He was from post one just trying to find out the general consensus of who would win if it were up to us (LJR), not why Bush/Kerry is a piece of shit and how Americans are assholes.

As far as my opinion goes, ASCI_blue's comment was racist. He was too specific and missing the point. %90 of the world that could know or should know what the hell is going on -- doesn't and too many don't CARE either. To label one nation Sheepish, is simplistic and possibly arrogant.

[quote author=burntash link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86146 date=1089496283]
    american isnt a race, really?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=race

ill give you a little credibility for effort
    [/quote]

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Race

http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?bo...ry&va=race

Entry number three.

Main Entry: 3race
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, generation, from Old Italian razza
    1 : a breeding stock of animals

2 a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b : a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics <the English race>

3 a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b : BREED c : a division of mankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type

4 obsolete : inherited temperament or disposition

5 : distinctive flavor, taste, or strength
    Next time get better resources.

For the record, bro, Americans, for the most part, do not define race as nationality rather by skin color or physical features. I've been friends with alot of people with caribbean descent who are mistaken for 'afro-american', and some 'afro-american's who are mistook for 'white' or 'hispanic'.

Mentor

OK, i'm confused as to what is going on here. I think most of you are voting for who you want to win, not who will actually win.
    So far Kerry has offered no real alternative to Bush in terms of major world issues at the moment. He isn't going out there and saying he's going to majorly change things.
    A lot of the people will stick with what they already have, because the alternative isn't that different.