Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Who will win the US elections?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win the US elections?

Who will win the US elections?

Personally I think that Bush will win again this year, mainly since Kerry has no real profile.. at least that's how it seems to me.

But I'm eagerly awaiting the actual debates, which I'll follow religiously, I hope they will be as enjoyable as the current UK debates (House of Commons?).

Anyways, I kinda miss Howard Dean, he is the only candidate I've seen in a while that had spirit and passion of the job, man what energy and presence that man had.. I think it's nice to see someone who has that kind of passion for what he does, regardless of weither I agree with him or not.

Re:Who will win the US elections?

I dunno....I seem to recall hearing Bush's approval rating hovering around 40%.

Mentor

Nobody really knows who will win. They run head-to-head right now. It will be determined by what happens (and what doesn't) between now and the elections.
    I don't see Kerry to be the answer to the numerous blunders of the Bush administration. I don't like democrats because they always mean more and higher taxes. I would still vote for a democratic candidate if he had the qualities of a JFK. Kerry is far from it. However a lot of people will vote for him not because the like and support him, but simply because they hate Bush.

You are quite right, the democrates campaign is basically that Kerry != Bush.. It will surely pay off, he will get a lot of votes based on that fact alone.

I believe that G. W. Bush will most likely be voted into office, for the first time. Not because he is the best candidate , but because the democrats have rolled over on almost every issue. At this point Kerry is coming across as a right wing moderate, rather than a left wing moderate. A few months back he opposed the wall in Israel, now he is for it. What the heck? That's so fucking lame. Gay marriage, abortion? Kerry needs to take a stand, and not budge to these Right wing looneys who want to push their religious values down everyone's throat. I know alot of people vote Republican for financial reform, but the current administration has pissed away *billions* of dollars on their buddies (read: Halliburton, Enron, etc ...).

US voters want Democrats, not half assed Democrats. Don't believe me? Take a look at California, we voted out a left winger with right inklings for a full on Republican.

My vote didn't count last time, probably won't count this time. Why even bother to vote.

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86044 date=1089384536]Why even bother to vote.
    [/quote]

Cause what else are you going to do to try to fix things?

Even if it feels futile, it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

[quote author=gorn link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86061 date=1089395271]
    [quote author=CAssIus link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86044 date=1089384536]Why even bother to vote.
    [/quote]

Cause what else are you going to do to try to fix things?

Even if it feels futile, it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.
    [/quote]

Well put. I felt the same way in the Canadian election. Out of over 300 seats, my party only managed to rack up 20 or so of them. My riding voted liberal so my vote was all but lost. I'm still glad I did it though, because if everyone did nothing there wouldn't be much of an election.

Case in point: Canada right now is under a minority government. That means that there is no single party that forms the bulk of the government, so every issue that's tabelled gets debated and argued over until eventually nothing happens. It's basically a guarantee that our society is going to be put in stasis for the next 4 years. Now this happened with ~60% of the voter turnout...the situation could have been VERY different had the other half of the population decided to go ahead and cast their vote anyway.

I think Bush will win because the majority of the people likes what he is doing as far Iraq situation and the other hotspots.

I hope like hell that he doesn't win but I believe he will. Most US citizens like these type of candidates because they support big businesses, the rich and don't really give a hoot about the poor people.

Bush is a threat to the national security of the US but most voters don't see it that way. More & more reports and congressional people are seeing Bush for what he really is. He's not listening to his aids and not fully utilizing all the information he's receiving about the foreign policies.

Mentor

[quote author=Saptech link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=#msg86066 date=1089396481]
    don't really give a hoot about the poor people.
    [/quote]

What do you think this, or any government needs to do for the poor people?

[quote author=Saptech link=board=17;threadid=9483;start=0#msg86066 date=1089396481]
    I think Bush will win because the majority of the people likes what he is doing as far Iraq situation and the other hotspots.
    [/quote]
    I remember reading on CNN last week that54% disagreed on the Iraq situation now...