Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 2

Spiderman 2

Seeing as this opens tomorrow here, I'm going with my gf - I couldn't however resist the exceptionally fine VideoCD telesync release.

**** POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING ****

I just watched it, and I think it's a big improvement over the first one, the baddie is much better motivated and he acts brilliantly. The story is a bit lacking however, and seems patched up with Peter-MJ soapopera, it needed to be resolved though. I didn't get the whole why his web didn't work, I mean it was maybe stress or something, since once he resolved his problems it was back to normal - it could be an arc for the genetic problems mentioned in some of the comics though.. who knows.

I know everyone was tipping that Vemom will be the baddie in the next one, but to me it looks like they will do a sorry repeat of the first one by playing the Harry becomes Green Goblin storyline out, and while it would be interesting as a completion for the fans of the comic, I fear it might bore the moviegoers, and label the 3rd movie and thus the series as unoriginal. Although there was opened up for Conners becoming the Lizard as well, so we might see him in an upcoming movie.

The current crew is only signed for one more movie there are plans from the studio for an additional 6 movies about the creepy crawler.

So what did everyone think, and most importantly, who would make good replacements for the current actors.. and which baddies do you want to see?

Personally, since Kirsten is out after nr. 3, but Tobey has agreed to play Peter Parker for a fourth one if the script is good - so I would like to keep him for as long as possible, he makes a good Spiderman and an even better Peter Parker... while Kirsten Dunst doesn't really fit the MJ of the comics, and her acting isn't all that great. As for baddies, Venom is a good one, but it would require either alienating the comic fans by doing a rewrite of how he was introduced, or at least another movie to explain it all.
    Maybe a Sinister Six movie would be good, but again they killed Octavious in this one, and introducing all the baddies first would take several movies.
    Anyways, there are tons of badguys to pick from... I'm hoping to see Craven at some point, and by <deity> he must kill Spiderman.. like he did in the comics.

Re:Spiderman 2

spiderman 2 was bad ass, and i laughed my ass off during it too it was good. tobey does play an awesome spiderman and peter parker, but even though kirsten doesnt play MJ well, it would be weird to see a cast other than those 2 as the main characters. i think it would be badass for multiple baddies, have venom AND the hob goblin

no no no you silly person.. Vernom is an entire movie, maybe we could introduce him in the end of a movie and then do the next one about him completely.. but he sure as hell is a good enough baddie to have his own movie.

I'm hoping to see The Lizard, he's one of my favorite badguys, mostly since he has interesting emotional conflicts.

anyways, we could get rid of Kirsten Dunst the same way as they did in the comics, simply have.. was it Hydro... take her, and let Peter moan her loss.. then tell the full story one or two movies later.. thus replacing both actors at once... plus we would be able to see Black Cat, or anyone of the other women in Peters increasingly confusing lovelife.

Makes me wish I hadn't given all my Spiderman comics away...

I seriously doubt they'll have the whole of next movie Green Goblin II, hopefully just the beginning , otherwise it would be a repeat of the first. They could introduce Eddie Brock in the beggining, and after Harry dies they could do venom. But then there's that whole space storyline thing...

There was talk about introducing Venom using Mary-Jane's husband, since he's an astronut.. so he took it home.. Thus avoiding all the messy space and Madame Web dealio.

I'm thinking we will see Lizard and Green Goblin II in Spiderman 3.

hey... forget the bad guys in the next movie... what i wanna know is: "are we gonna see some good acting in the next ones?"

i haven't seen Spiderman 2, i saw the first one, i enjoyed it and even bought the DVD but the acting just sucked.... and since it's mostly the same actors in the second one, i'm guessing the acting will be as bad as the first one

still looking forward to see it though

The acting isn't extremely good, but I think Tobey does a good job, and the baddie is played nicely as well.

I think it's much better than the first one though.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9472;start=0#msg85875 date=1089142976]
    The acting isn't extremely good, but I think Tobey does a good job, and the baddie is played nicely as well.
    [/quote]

don't get me wrong... bad acting doesn't mean a movie is not enjoyable... If there's one thing the Star Wars movies prove, it's gotta be that

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=17;threadid=9472;start=0#msg85876 date=1089143919]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9472;start=0#msg85875 date=1089142976]
    [/quote]

don't get me wrong... bad acting doesn't mean a movie is not enjoyable... If there's one thing the Star Wars movies prove, it's gotta be that
    [/quote]

Or LoTR for that matter, a movie where the best acting performance is provided by a CG character.

I don't think the acting sucked, but the potential sucked. The characters were as believeable as they could be. A better script would help.