Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kernel 2.6 Compiling PET

Thread: Kernel 2.6 Compiling PET

Kernel 2.6 Compiling PET

hi folks,
    since the 2.6 kernel is simpler to compile and has a few differences from the 2.4 kernel i made a new PET. find it here:
    http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...lay&id=110

Re:Kernel 2.6 Compiling PET

i compiled 2.6.7 the other day and it actually ran, though im sure there are some things that dont work like alsa or iptables, i dont have any hiccups yet. my system doesnt feel that much more responsive, then again how can you notice with 128mb of ram and 1.3ghz? anyway, just thought id share my triumph

You forgot ncurses for 'make menuconfig', the curses menu interface. For those times when you don't have X or GUI-Dev libs installed.

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=23;threadid=9471;start=0#msg85847 date=1089070925]
    You forgot ncurses for 'make menuconfig', the curses menu interface. For those times when you don't have X or GUI-Dev libs installed.
    [/quote]

Thanks CAsslus - fixed!

Good Guru

Well, it seems to be pretty complete so I have no extra to add.

I've compiled it on Debian unstable and it works fine.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=23;threadid=9471;start=0#msg85974 date=1089269215]
    Well, it seems to be pretty complete so I have no extra to add.

I've compiled it on Debian unstable and it works fine.
    [/quote]

Thanks Compunuts!