Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July.

Happy 4th of July.

Happy 4th of July. I have had a great day hope you all have had a great time.

Re:Happy 4th of July.

Let's celebrate america by blowing up a small (large?) part of it!

Let's also remember the true spirit of 4th 'o july: the day we said "it sure is hell ain't our land, but we'll be damned if someone else rules it"

Reflecting on 4th of July I wonder wether being independent from Britan has really made much of a difference for the country. I mean we are taxed to death.

Anyways. I think we should celebrate for who we are. Maybe half of the world hates us. But I am sure glad to be an American. Saying that. I think we should support are troops no matter what although we dont agree with the decicion of others. They are just doing their job.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=9466;start=0#msg85846 date=1089070332]
    Anyways. I think we should celebrate for who we are. Maybe half of the world hates us. But I am sure glad to be an American. Saying that. I think we should support are troops no matter what although we dont agree with the decicion of others. They are just doing their job.
    [/quote]

I always wonder what "support our troops" mean.

I ahve a friend stationed in Baghdad. He has been there for more than a year. He has killed a bunch of people, and has been forced to dig through the remains of a friend blown apart by a grenade, so they could return the guy's possesions to the family. My friend has a brand new wife and daughter that are waiting for him.
    When I visited them last month, the kid saw me, and since I have a similar build and appearance than my friend, came out saying "Daddy! Daddy!"

I have talked to my friend some times. I have written some letters and sent him books. I should probably write to him more. Is that what you mean by "supporting our troops?"

Or is it tying a little yellow ribbon to a tree, hoping he comes back fine, and that his daughter does not become an orphan?

Or does supporting out troops mean not questioning the reason they are there?

Please let me know, because it's a question that has been on my mind for a long time; I definitely want to "support" my friend who is Baghdad.

so happy 4th of july, even though its not the 4th anymore, and i never got to see any fireworks cause i was in my basement the whole time like a loser. :

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=9466;start=0#msg85849 date=1089072867]
    [quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=9466;start=0#msg85846 date=1089070332]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I guess everyone can have different defenitions. I think the bare minimum is support them by not being against the person/soilder for going off to war.

1st of July is the day for some of us on this board, and it was quite a day indeed ;D

Mentor

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=9466;start=0#msg85849 date=1089072867]

I have talked to my friend some times. I have written some letters and sent him books. I should probably write to him more. Is that what you mean by "supporting our troops?"

Or is it tying a little yellow ribbon to a tree, hoping he comes back fine, and that his daughter does not become an orphan?

Or does supporting out troops mean not questioning the reason they are there?

Please let me know, because it's a question that has been on my mind for a long time; I definitely want to "support" my friend who is Baghdad.
    [/quote]

trickster, support them in any way you feel you should, even if that means writing letters and tieing yellow ribbons on a tree or just put a sign on your front lawn saying "I support the troops"

My feelings aside from what is going on and why it is going on i will support the troops no matter what!!

I have a friend who just got back from his 2nd tour in iraq ( also did a couple of years in the persian gulf ) i just shook his hand and said thanks for what you did. Thanks for putting your life on the line for your country. He has a bullet that he wears around his neck that he pulled out of his bullet proof vest.

I always remember that these guys INLISTED and didnt get drafted. They are there because they belive in this country and what it stands for no matter who runs it, and in return i will belive in them no matter what.

Supporting the troops campaigns seem like a cheap ploy from the government to exploit the moaning of a nation to support the invasion into Iraq.. I doubt anyone enlisted for the specific purpose of going to Iraq, since military services opens a lot of doors and entrails free education.

Anyways I have a friend from gradeschool down there (Yes, us vikings are down there as well - much against my and the majority of my nations wishes), who is fighting.. I don't really blame him, I mean he's doing his job, I hate my government for putting him there though. So do I support the troops, sure I do, they are doing their job, no matter how wrong I think it is.. I have no problem with the troops.

By all means, support the troops, just don't buy into the whole not supporting the war means you are a bad person and hate the troops deal...

But back to the original thread, happy 4th of July everyone, I hope you are all safe and in one peice, all that illegal fireworks is dangerous.. I myself once nearly blew my hand off using some.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=9466;start=0#msg85861 date=1089135241]
    By all means, support the troops, just don't buy into the whole not supporting the war means you are a bad person and hate the troops deal...
    [/quote]
    I could not have stated it better.