Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Using Sendmail to send a user input form

Thread: Using Sendmail to send a user input form

Using Sendmail to send a user input form

I have a form on my webpage that will use sendmail to send the completed form to an email address.

Does anyone know what I should put in this line to make it not give an internal error?

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.eternal-shadows.net/cgi-s....cgi">

The path to the sendmail is /usr/usr_sbin/sendmail

thanks

Re:Using Sendmail to send a user input form

[quote author=Rastar link=board=1;threadid=9434;start=#msg85532 date=1088539848]
    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.eternal-shadows.net/cgi-s....cgi">
    [/quote]

That looks good but the Sendmail.cgi has to be a sendmail script that can read html input and put that into a command to sendmail.

Not the best script out there but take a look at Matt's Script Archive and find and look at FormMail. A lot of people like a lot of people hate it. At least it will give you a good look at how its done.

Re:Using Sendmail to send a user input form

There are better alternatives to matt's formail script.

Here is what even Matt says:

would highly recommend downloading the nms versions if you wish to learn CGI programming. The code you find at Matt's Script Archive is not representative of how even I would code these days. My interests and activies have moved on, however, and I just have not found the time to update all of my scripts. One of the major reasons for this is that they work for many people. For this reason, I will continue to provide them to the public, but am also pleased to make you aware of well-coded alternatives.

Use the nms alternative:

http://www.scriptarchive.com/nms.html