Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: so what about the IRC Channel?

Re:so what about the IRC Channel?

*irony on*

So basically I'm just a bad person, and you won't provide a credible piece of evidence... no posts quoted by members, no mean emails, no pictures of virgin sacrifices..

Yet, despite the lack of actual complaints to my abilities or commitment to this site, I'm deemed not suitable.. by... Trickster, and only Trickster.. yes that's right.. nobody else has said anythng at all, and everything he has to say is that an apparently large number of people are to scared of a scruffy geek to stand up to their opinion.

Regardless of this, we had an regular stamped on the channel today, thanks to... me... Yes, I'm a bad person.. infact I'm such a bad person that people seek out the channel because of my presence.. Wow.. I'm such a horrible person that I'm surprised that I'm not imprisoned. Society as we know it might crumble if I'm allow to wander the streets.

Now this is certainly not the kind of person we would want in charge.. no... such a person should be attacked.

*irony off*

So this is an open call, if you have a problem with me, feel free to take a potshot.. yes a real cheap one.. I'll even turn me back so you won't see my scary face.. I wanna know what makes me such a bad person, aside the fact that I don't share everyone opinion... what's the worst that could happen?

Help me become a better man, because obviously something is horribly wrong, when a long time member like me is so hated.

*the only thing I can think of that I'm not exactly proud of is my handling of Derek the uber troll, I admit I went overboard after several pm's and trying to help him for days.. man I even did his math homework and he was still mad at me.. just goes to show everyone has their limit - and he basicaly had everyone begging for a lobotomy, so not really valid - in fact I can't think of a member here who's caused a bigger stir without inputting anything to the community - never the less not my finest hour, but I plead temporary insanity on that one*

How many of those people came to the forum, Lovechild?

You broght a lot of people to the chat? That's great! You did not insulted anyone? That's even better. Hopefully, that will be the case when you run into one of your little crisis, and you will know how to handle it. More so, hopefully some of those will become new memmbers of Ljr.

I'm tired of this. Do what you will. I don't care anymore. Keep living in your little world where you are a victim and everyone else is out to get you.

I think this thread needs to be closed. Is not helping out anymore.

I talked to them for a long time and they expressed real interest in the board, and they said they would look at it. I can get people here, I can't make them sign up, but I did tell everyone to at least consider it.

Either way, more people on the channel and/or on the forums is a good thing for Linuxjunior.

Anyways, I was actually being honest and upright I would like to know why people don't like me, so I can improve the situation, and it's not that I look at myself as a victim, in this case I just felt like I was being dismissed without being given a chance and really I would like to change (within reason) if that would make interaction easier.

So feel free to pm me or msg me on IRC when I'm there, I'm open to suggestions.

And could we based on the poll result get the official channel moved now and there are no ownership issues since Gorn is in control, I see no reason to keep this off for much longer, every issue mentioned has been addressed and I assume it's to everyones full satisfaction. Let's do this thing..

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85382 date=1088377790]And could we based on the poll result get the official channel moved now and there are no ownership issues since Gorn is in control, I see no reason to keep this off for much longer, every issue mentioned has been addressed and I assume it's to everyones full satisfaction. Let's do this thing..
    [/quote]

Agreed. I'll PM cloverm just in case he hasn't been following these threads anymore.

[quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85383 date=1088378979]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85382 date=1088377790]And could we based on the poll result get the official channel moved now and there are no ownership issues since Gorn is in control, I see no reason to keep this off for much longer, every issue mentioned has been addressed and I assume it's to everyones full satisfaction. Let's do this thing..
    [/quote]

Agreed. I'll PM cloverm just in case he hasn't been following these threads anymore.
    [/quote]

Oh while I remember, when will the logging be implemented, we might want cloverm to host the stats pages fx.

It would be cool to see who was online when and other kinds of stats, like the old HOL bot used to display.. right now gorBot isn't very useful, it would be fun to see what we could do with him to make #linuxjunior a fun place..

[quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85370 date=1088375095]
    Hopefully, that will be the case when you run into one of your little crisis, and you will know how to handle it.
    [/quote]

i can't believe a moderator is allowed to behave like this on the forum.

good job... really :

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85396 date=1088401248]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85370 date=1088375095]
    Hopefully, that will be the case when you run into one of your little crisis, and you will know how to handle it.
    [/quote]

i can't believe a moderator is allowed to behave like this on the forum.

good job... really :
    [/quote]

You are right. I lost control back there. I apologize, Lovechild. That was pretty mean of me. I'm sorry.

Ralinx,

If you have complains about my behaviour as a mod, please contact the board administrator. He can be reached at cloverm@linuxjunior.com

Kind Mastermind

Sorry all. I have a crappy computer and am using AOL's free minutes to connect to the internet. So, I have not been very active on the internet. To boot, most of the times that I have tried to get on the site it has frozen the computer up (thank you, AO Hell!).

Thankfully, I just got my real computer today and plan on getting DSL in the next few days/weeks.

So, I am sorry that I have not been able to log on and check my messages and follow the various threads.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85450 date=1088468505]So, I am sorry that I have not been able to log on and check my messages and follow the various threads.[/quote]

Not a problem, glad you were finally able to connect though (despite AOL).

I think the situation is pretty much resolved. LC and I made an argeement that if you want the channel it's yours, so keep that in mind and if anytime (now or later) you want it/think it would be best for the community/find me to be an evil tyrant then let me know. And if you don't want ownership, you still have input.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85461 date=1088476767]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=30#msg85450 date=1088468505]So, I am sorry that I have not been able to log on and check my messages and follow the various threads.[/quote]

Not a problem, glad you were finally able to connect though (despite AOL).

I think the situation is pretty much resolved. LC and I made an argeement that if you want the channel it's yours, so keep that in mind and if anytime (now or later) you want it/think it would be best for the community/find me to be an evil tyrant then let me know. And if you don't want ownership, you still have input.

[/quote]

Thanks. I've been pretty busy at home and work, so I'm not going to even attempt to take on any additional responsibility, even if it is small. Maybe in the future. Who knows?!

Cheers