Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so what about the IRC Channel?

Re:so what about the IRC Channel?

if people have a problem with me they should say it to my face, not wuss around complaining to mods.. I didn't do anything wrong, I submitted a purposal to change the name and locations of the channel and waited for feedback.

I elected to register the channel, but have from day one said I was open to debating ownership.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85335 date=1088350939]
    if people have a problem with me they should say it to my face, not wuss around complaining to mods.. I didn't do anything wrong, I submitted a purposal to change the name and locations of the channel and waited for feedback.

I elected to register the channel, but have from day one said I was open to debating ownership.
    [/quote]
    Please see my revised post.
    Lovechild, people have, on many ocassions, tried to argue with you, and you either insult them or storm off, saying you are leaving the forum. To my understanding, that is why we are mods, to try to handle this in as smooth a fashion as possible.
    Now, let me ask you something, are you willing to try not to chew on people who say things you don't like or ask a stupid question?
    If you are willing, I am willing to start a tabula rassa. Otherwise, I stand by my stance.

[quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85334 date=1088350624]
    In what manner have I done something wrong?
    [/quote]
    like i already said you didn't even give him a chance... oh wait, you're not gonna take this offensively again right? i know you don't like it when i have to repeat something obvious for you. but for some reason, you keep asking for it :

You mean I should have ignored the people who approached me about his behaviour?
    i'm not saying you should've ignored it... all i'm saying is that you should've given him a chance. by not even giving him a chance you have showed you're biased against him. this is not how a moderator should behave.

I understand how he can be frustrated. However, I have no reason to believe he will behave different. Has he said "I will try, even a bit, not to chew on people that say things I don't like?"
    he wasn't even given the oppurtunity by you.

This is not #lovechild's or #ralinx's. Whatever happens in there reflect on the whole LJr community.
    I understand Lovechild invested time and effort in the idea. However, to many of us, this reeks of a power struggle and of "I want to do as I please."
    If that is the case, #lovechild's is probably available, as well as Ralinx. On my part, I do my best to make the most of Ljr.
    why don't you ask the people that actually go to the channel if we have abused those powers?

anyway, i've had enough of you and of this mess... i don't even wanna hear from you anymore. so do yourself a favor, and get the fuck of our backs.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85337 date=1088351544]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85334 date=1088350624]
    In what manner have I done something wrong?
    [/quote]
    like i already said you didn't even give him a chance... oh wait, you're not gonna take this offensively again right? i know you don't like it when i have to repeat something obvious for you. but for some reason, you keep asking for it

You mean I should have ignored the people who approached me about his behaviour?
    i'm not saying you should've ignored it... all i'm saying is that you should've given him a chance. by not even giving him a chance you have showed you're biased against him. this is not how a moderator should behave.

I understand how he can be frustrated. However, I have no reason to believe he will behave different. Has he said "I will try, even a bit, not to chew on people that say things I don't like?"
    he wasn't even given the oppurtunity by you.

This is not #lovechild's or #ralinx's. Whatever happens in there reflect on the whole LJr community.
    I understand Lovechild invested time and effort in the idea. However, to many of us, this reeks of a power struggle and of "I want to do as I please."
    If that is the case, #lovechild's is probably available, as well as Ralinx. On my part, I do my best to make the most of Ljr.
    why don't you ask the people that actually go to the channel if we have abused those powers?

anyway, i've had enough of you and of this mess... i don't even wanna hear from you anymore. so do yourself a favor, and get the fuck of our backs.
    [/quote]
    If you don't want to hear back from me, don't reply. You act like a kid.
    I already said why "I did not give him a chance." If you disagree, that is your problem.

so do yourself a favor, and get the fuck of our backs.
    That's a very intelligent way to argue...
    :

Good Guru

Guys ... guys ... relax ......

like i said, i've had enough of this mess... me and lovechild did what we thought was best for the channel and that's that. If some biased moderator doesn't even wanna give us a chance, then so be it. i don't wanna waste any more time on this.

are you willing to stop attacking me in public and showing off your mod powers?

I didn't do anything wrong, and I never STARTED an argument, I've ended a few, since people would rather flame me than debate with me, the fact that I'm not in line with mainstream american thinking (since let's face this, this is mostly a forum visited by americans), it does not mean I hate you, it does not mean I'm a terrorist, and it does not mean I'm by default wrong (nor that I'm right by default for that matter).

I've left previously since this place is dying and has gotten infested with trolls and was allowed to spin out of control by management.

I've given my word to help revive this place by doing work for the site (not #trickster, not #cloverm and certainly not #lovechild), and I took the initive to move the channel, and even as I post 6 people are in there as well as the channel bot...

Give me proof that people complained, or get lost - your crusade to get me to sign off ownership succeded, your friendly neighborhood gorn owns it - but wait shouldn't we be attacking him now? he'll turn it into #gorn

[irony]
    Gorn is an evil man, he hates americans and sides with terrorists.. oh and he's a cardcarrying member of the communist party.. yes people have complained to me about that as well..
    [/irony]

The point being everyone is open to abusing power, myself included, it a matter of trust.

:
    :
    :

*actaully gorn probably won't turn the channel into #gorn, he's a decent guy, I had a nice talk with him last night and I'm perfectly cool with him now, he's on the trustlist - I just never really knew the guy before so I had no reason to trust him*

Okay so it sounds like LC is comfortable with the channel. I'm comfortable with it. I imagine trickster is now. Ralinx seemed to trust me before. This argument is purely an argument.

Lets shut up now and worry about helping the channel, not worry about picking on each other.

And the user count is up to 10 plus the bot.

yeah, some of my old buddies seem to have decided to show up.. thanks guys. Fighting the good cause and all.

Just shows you have to have a bit of rational faith.

Ok.

Lovechild,

I have no reason to prove you that people complained, and if you believe me or not, again, that is up to you. More so, I have reason not to show you, because these people confided in me and I am not about to blow their confidence.

That said, I am willing to stop attacking you in public and "stop showing my mod powers." In reality, that was never my intention, and I apologize for appearing like that.

I mentioned before I have nothing against you (whether you believe me or not, that's up to you.) Much less, I never had a crusade for taking the channel from you. Again, is up to you to believe me or not.