Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

so what about the IRC Channel? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so what about the IRC Channel?

Re:so what about the IRC Channel?

if people insist on using crap cli shit they should pay the price, get with the 21st century.. we shouldn't force everyone else to conform to their anticated needs.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85285 date=1088287762]
    if people insist on using crap cli shit they should pay the price, get with the 21st century.. we shouldn't force everyone else to conform to their anticated needs.
    [/quote]

Lately I've primarily been IRC'ing from work, you can't put X-Chat in a screen :P

On another note. Cloverm, could you point the website at irc.freenode.net #linuxjunior?

Good Guru

[quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85286 date=1088288227]
    On another note. Cloverm, could you point the website at irc.freenode.net #linuxjunior?
    [/quote]
    So it been finalized that we are moving officially?

[me=Compunuts]off to update Xchat.[/me]

Gorn; I agree with using CLI from work and stuff. I've done that before and know what you mean.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85274 date=1088283781]
    Gorn isn't really on my trust list, nor is he off it for that matter.. I will agree to it if he removed that url feature from gorbot, it annoys me and anyone who I've talked about it with.
    [/quote]
    This may be a mute point, but we talked about this, and you agreed to Gorn taking over if Stryder could not. I think that, if you had something else in mind, you should have said it back then.

[quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85293 date=1088291707]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85274 date=1088283781]
    Gorn isn't really on my trust list, nor is he off it for that matter.. I will agree to it if he removed that url feature from gorbot, it annoys me and anyone who I've talked about it with.
    [/quote]
    This may be a mute point, but we talked about this, and you agreed to Gorn taking over if Stryder could not. I think that, if you had something else in mind, you should have said it back then.

[/quote]

I did no such thing I said I would give it to stryder.. that's all.

However I made a deal with Gorn and he now owns the channel, if Stryder wants it he can have it..

Now everyone just get off my back, I've had it up to here with this childish "Lovechild is bad person" FUD.. I fail to see how an active member like me who used to be a mod can possibly be a bad thing owning a the channel..

However I've gotten sick of debating this so now it's settled.. bother Gorn, and let him be the target of your gross personal attacks.

Good Guru

I think the demanding should stop.

For something that some member had possion to, no one have the rights to demand it.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85309 date=1088312537]
    I think the demanding should stop.

For something that some member had possion to, no one have the rights to demand it.
    [/quote]
    I was not demanding anything. We met in the irc channel, about 7 people. I mentioned that we could either user #linuxjunior, or something else, because we have users who disagree with the way LC handles many things. I remember we reached an agreement involving Gorn, and there were about 7 other people there.
    I am really getting tired of this. You people are acting like kids. I drop to irc for a few hours at the most during weekdays, so I really don't care. But, if some people express concerns to me, as a mod, I feel bound to represent them.
    You guys need to grow up. This just reeks of "my way or the highway."

Good Guru

I personally could care less about who is in charge and who is mod.

That's the reason I didn't get involved in negotiation of this IRC stuff except to express my opinion on the pool.

IMHO, who cares who is in charge? Who cares who owned the channel?

If I don't like the way someone do things, I will just leave. Ironically, if down the road if ( a big IFs ) we were to have problems with LC's behavior, then we can just create another channel, modify pages ( very simple with Cloverm's blessing ) and point people there.

Being said that, I understand why some people are trying to prevent things from happening but I just think that this thing is way out of proportion wasting energy. If someone have too much time on one's hand, write a PET or something. Don't try to make a big deal on something very unimportant.

[quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85319 date=1088341882]
    [/quote]

i think he just doesn't like the fact that you didn't even give him a chance. at least that's what bothers me about the whole thing. Lovechild hasn't done anything wrong yet with regards to this channel... you on the other hand already have IMO.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85332 date=1088349826]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=18;threadid=9403;start=0#msg85319 date=1088341882]
    [/quote]

i think he just doesn't like the fact that you didn't even give him a chance. at least that's what bothers me about the whole thing. Lovechild hasn't done anything wrong yet with regards to this channel... you on the other hand already have IMO.
    [/quote]
    In what manner have I done something wrong? You mean I should have ignored the people who approached meabout his behaviour?
    I understand how he can be frustrated. However, I have no reason to believe he will behave different. Has he said "I will try, even a bit, not to chew on people that say things I don't like?"
    This is not #lovechild's or #ralinx's. Whatever happens in there reflect on the whole LJr community.
    I understand Lovechild invested time and effort in the idea. However, to many of us, this reeks of a power struggle and of "I want to do as I please."
    If that is the case, #lovechild's is probably available, as well as #Ralinx's. On my part, I do my best to make the most of Ljr.