Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LinuxJunior interviews <foo>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LinuxJunior interviews <foo>

LinuxJunior interviews <foo>

Since there were no objections to doing a series of interviews, I would like to know what people would want to learn about. Personally I&#039;ve had good experiences talking to kernel hackers, but those interviews tend to get rather technical and as such might not be the best fit for our average member.

There&#039;s no reason for me going all out and doing just what I think is fun, if it&#039;s not for the benefit of our members.

Re:LinuxJunior interviews <foo>

I wouldn&#039;t mind seeing an interview with the X.org guys to see what they have planned for the near future.

[quote author=eslackey link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85027 date=1088004334]
    I wouldn&#039;t mind seeing an interview with the X.org guys to see what they have planned for the near future.
    [/quote]

The X.org roadplan really isn&#039;t as interesting from a technical point of view as the f.d.o XServer one, but we could do a mini series on X development - good idea.

I was thinking about talking to the Fluendo guys (they make gstreamer based videostreaming technology using completely free codecs - it&#039;s to be demoed on full scale at GUADEC later this week I think). If this stuff works like it&#039;s suppose to, then we just made a huge step towards filling one of the biggest gaps in FOSS.

I don&#039;t know if this is a valid request but I am pretty sure a final version of Perl 6 (yes, it&#039;s about perl) is releasing pretty soon and this time they are using parrot as the interpreter and perl has more OO support than it ever did before. So maybe an interview about that would be great.

[quote author=Holy Shebang link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85029 date=1088010245]
    I don&#039;t know if this is a valid request but I am pretty sure a final version of Perl 6 (yes, it&#039;s about perl) is releasing pretty soon and this time they are using parrot as the interpreter and perl has more OO support than it ever did before. So maybe an interview about that would be great.
    [/quote]

I despise Perl, and I refuse to read or write perl code, so I would not be a good person to do such an interview, futhermore it&#039;s not really aimed at the regular LinuxJunior members, maybe it&#039;s better suited for a programming specific forum.

Anyways, I think the best way to introduce Perl6 would be for someone to write a Perl programming PET series for LinuxJunior, talking to developers of such projects often lead to very technical details on implementation, so it&#039;s better to get a real guide to code with it - maybe take a project from scratch like... GorBot and use that to show the basics of the language.

So go at it man... do your thing.

Thanks for taking into consideration.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85031 date=1088010845]
    I despise PerI
    [/quote]

I refuse to read or write perl code

....so how do you know you despise it?

Anyway I like the idea of Fluendo, but only if the concepts are brought down to the level of Joe Average. Ie, don&#039;t mention &quot;codec&quot; or &quot;framework&quot; unless it&#039;s giving a brief high level overview of how the system works. Questions like &quot;What do you see the project offering for the end user (use cases)?&quot; and &quot;What need do you hope to address with the organization?&quot; etc etc... Those who are in on all the techincal tidbits are probably in the know already. This should be geared towards average users who wander in from windows and wonder how the whole media thing works on linux.

Darl McBride.

Good Guru

[quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85034 date=1088012974]
    Darl McBride.
    [/quote]

Dont forget to also do an interview with Heckler &amp; Koch or Remington then to supplement it ;D

[quote author=Schotty link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85047 date=1088023360]
    [quote author=gorn link=board=18;threadid=9383;start=0#msg85034 date=1088012974]
    Darl McBride.
    [/quote]

Dont forget to also do an interview with Heckler &amp; Koch or Remington then to supplement it ;D
    [/quote]

I&#039;ll start with H&amp;K, see if they will give me a product sampler before going to talk to SCO... despite my hatred of guns