Thread: avp

avp

Anyone seen AVP yet? I probably will tommorow, but I heard it sucked due to the PG-13 rating. I was told to wait for a Director's Cut DVD. I can't imagine any of the movies from these cult classics being PG-13. (I'm not that into movies with cult followings, but I've been into Alien and Predator for as long as I can remember).

For those who saw it, what are your opinions?

Good Guru

Re:avp

I really liked it, but there are people out there that wanted to drone on the maybe 3 minor minor flaws. I intend to see it again with another group of friends. Needless to say, once you see it, I can go into the flaws I saw. The only one I can tell without ruining the movie, is that they really didnt stress the fact that these are Jr Predators, going to prove their manhood.

I saw it yesterday, it wasn't too bad. I kinda did piss me off on how everytime a person got killed the camera moved away. Nothing else I can say w/o spoiling parts of the movie, but I doubt many people would care/ see it.

Good Guru

I had zero issues with them keeping it a PG-13 flick. I just wish they hadnt dorked around with the first three predators and their "quickness". That and the plotline of why they were there for real wasnt detailed.

I thought they over-detailed it, I mean they outright told you.

Good Guru

Not to the detail I already knew. For example, its more than just a young'n trying to gain respect and ascend to manhood -- if you fail but some how survive, you die. Part of the ritual is to find each weapon, and to use it when you first get it no matter what. Which means that if you find the spear, and you get swarmed by 50 of them -- show us your skill by killing all 50 of them with the spear. Unfortunately they were only looking for the shlulder cannon. They had their chakra, spears, knives, bombs. Very little work needed to be done.

In retrospect, I guess it's nice that they explained things in the movie for once, instead of looking to the million and one spinoffs (comics, games, books, etc...)