Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

How was your year?

2003 was totally awesome for me. I got a record deal, recorded my first album, I graduated and so on. I was pretty damn sure things couldn't get any better than that...

I'm glad to say I was wrong Our album was released in January and was recieved very well by press and metal fans alike. Lots of reviews interviews and crap. For the first few months of 04 I was promoting the album or drunk. Most of the time both (wich explains quite a lot if you read some of my inteviews). Then we got the BIG news: We were going to go on a 6 week tour supporting one of the biggest, meanest metal bands in the world: W.A.S.P.! I can't even begin to tell you how much fun that was. Fans, beer, sold out gigs, beer, food, beer, getting to know some of my boggest idols, beer... the list goes on and on.

After I got home I started my studies at the University of Jyväskylä. New city, new friends, beer... you can imagine the rest

Anyways; tell me how was your 2004. I know I'm a bit early but someone had to start this thread, right?

Advisor
    eh it was alright i guess, i'm alive

Well i got a lot done not enought hopefully i will get more done this year.
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Re: How was your year?

'03 was total shit for me (yes I said shit; not for shock effect, but because it best describes that year for me in total). '04 was a lot better though. Met some interesting people; went to some interesting places; stayed employed the whole year through (ooops... The year ain't over yet, is it? ) . Even found myself a girlfriend.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys (and gals?). May '05 bring lots of happiness and great possibilities for all of us.
    Steve

04 wasn't bad. Kinda a vanilla year really. Not much happened, new job, new baby on the way, but all in all it was pretty steady.

I am trying to finish any loose ends I might have so I can really throw myself into a 1 or 2 projects this year. I really want to get my game off the ground, get it posted to sourceforge and make some actual progress. I got everything I need to do it, now I just gotta free up more time.
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

So so. Applying for colleges is .... is ..... terrible, horrible, crazy, a nightmare, etc. etc. etc.

Everything I've done this year has been for the purpose of getting into college. I'll be glad once Jan 1st comes around and I finally have free time again!

04 was the biggest so far, I graduated High School, got out of my parents house and into my own apartment, ditched my dead end desktop support job for a much better opportunity at an awesome web hosting company, learned to ride a motorcycle and Enlightenment DR17 is finally shaping up. I hope 2005 can top that

Happy new year to all

Auction

*Puts on auctioner hat*

Aright, aright! Place your bids ladies and gentlmen, place your bids!
    I have here on the block a nice fat bribe. The target - to close this thread before I have to read about anyone elses years (envy and all that).

Do I hear ten? Do I hear twenty? Ah the gentlmen in the back has bid 30!
    Which mod will win? Find out at the end of:

**************THE AUCTION**************

The target - to close this thread before I have to read about anyone elses years (envy and all that).
    Sad. Just so sad. I hope you get better soon.

It was ok.