Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I declare eating and sleeping for losers

I declare eating and sleeping for losers

I just want to profess my love for my new meds.. no longer am I sleeping 12-14 hours a day and eating tons of food..

yesterday I ate 2 peices of fruit and slice of bread and slept 4 hours.. I feel wonderful.

Re:I declare eating and sleeping for losers

I don't think that's really a good thing...

screw sleep, but eating is necessary! At least you didn't only eat unhealthy things yesterday, fruit and bread are good for you, but you need more than that.

Agreed that sleep is for the weak...or so the saying goes round the engineering buildings at school. But yeah good food is necessary.

it's not that I don't eat anything anymore.. yesterday was kinda special..

but it's wonderful not to be hungry every second of the day anymore, I do force myself to eat at least one meal a day, and fruit.

My name is Trickster, and I am a loser. I love to eat and sleep.

Good Guru

[quote author=gorn link=board=17;threadid=9400;start=0#msg85219 date=1088192032]
    screw sleep
    [/quote]
    That way, you live longer. ;D
    I'm if you are asleep, you don't live that time. You loose it. The time only lives is when you are awake. So if you sleep less, you live longer even though the years seems to be the same.

If you look at the equation, it's

living + sleeping = your age

More living + Less sleeping = your age

Sleep less and code more for the sake of the world, you guys.

For older folks like us, let me have our bed to ourselves. :P

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=9400;start=0#msg85223 date=1088192833]
    Agreed that sleep is for the weak...or so the saying goes round the engineering buildings at school.
    [/quote]

yea i just love how software developers claim sleep is for the week. and then i curse at them for having to rewrite their code because it wasn't good enough because they probably weren't well rested enough to write it in the first place.

lack of sleep leads to bad code. trust me on that one. i've seen it far too many times.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=17;threadid=9400;start=0#msg85267 date=1088280797]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=9400;start=0#msg85223 date=1088192833]
    Agreed that sleep is for the weak...or so the saying goes round the engineering buildings at school.
    [/quote]

lack of sleep leads to bad code. trust me on that one. i've seen it far too many times.
    [/quote]

Yeah but enough sleep leads to missed deadlines!

I'm all for getting 8 hours per night, but realistically when the term is at its wost and all my profs are coming at me with everything they've got, there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Hell I make more hours in the day and I still have to prioritize regarding what gets done and what gets discarded. I'm not like this usually (I'm working right now and I feel cranky if I get less than 7 per night), but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=9400;start=0#msg85273 date=1088282608]
    Yeah but enough sleep leads to missed deadlines!
    [/quote]
    in a college situation, that's true unfortunately

when it comes to software development, i prefer having every member of the team getting enough sleep and not doing more than 8 hours a day. Of course, there will always be days when you don't get enough sleep, and there will always be days where you need to work a few hours more. But that shouldn't happen for a couple of days in a row because then the code really suffers from it.

I'm all for getting 8 hours per night, but realistically when the term is at its wost and all my profs are coming at me with everything they've got, there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Hell I make more hours in the day and I still have to prioritize regarding what gets done and what gets discarded. I'm not like this usually (I'm working right now and I feel cranky if I get less than 7 per night), but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
    yea i remember those days (thank <insert your deity here>... it's only been 2 years ago)... college can be extremely hard. not because of the difficulty level, it's just the amount of work that sometimes piles up. and most of it is stuff you'll never need or use anyway. i always got the feeling that they just wanted us to perform the most useless tasks just for the hell of it. But the good thing about it is that once you start working, and you're facing a tough deadline... you'll be prepared for it, and in fact, it's less hard than those tough stretches in college.