Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSE Releases 9.1 Personal ISO for FREE

Thread: SuSE Releases 9.1 Personal ISO for FREE

SuSE Releases 9.1 Personal ISO for FREE

I was checking out Slashdot and here it is: this is awesome.. for some people.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1-personal-iso/

Nice Job SuSE. You can use YaST to upgrade to the software apps that are commercial and not GPL'ed.

Re:SuSE Releases 9.1 Personal ISO for FREE

Hmm, I read that it doesn't include a c compiler. Without the ability to compile from source it's not much use IMO. I know that the personal edition is stripped down, but surely that's a vital function they've excluded!

[quote author=Baron_Flambe link=board=7;threadid=9371;start=0#msg85210 date=1088191049]
    Hmm, I read that it doesn't include a c compiler. Without the ability to compile from source it's not much use IMO. I know that the personal edition is stripped down, but surely that's a vital function they've excluded!

[/quote]

if you can compile stuff using autotools, surely you can follow a guide to compiling gcc.

You can always use YAST to get it.

Mentor

Worry not. Just install apt for SuSE 9.1, then all it takes is "apt-get install gcc".

Linky

Good Guru

I am using that version of SuSE and it includes all the compiling tools needed/wanted/necessary. You may not have them installed, but that doesn't mean that they arent offered.

Ah! That's cool. I downloaded the iso to give it a go, but didn't want to hose my existing installation if I would be unable to compile from source.

The main reason being that I use the speedtouchconf script to set up my internet connection, so I need it to be able to compile the driver.

Nope, no good to me. No GCC, hence no internet connection as I need to compile the driver for my modem. I tried installing GCC and immediately ran into a failed dependency. As I have no intention of rebooting between Windows and Suse until I've found and downloaded all the dependencies, this one is a loser IMO.

Just glad I didn't buy it.