Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A blast from the past

A blast from the past

I started Ritalin treatment, as people might know that specific drug is basically amphetamine (also known as speed), so sometimes my sleep pattern gets knocked around. But this night I was flipping throught the channels and I stumbed upon all night reruns of "Twin Peaks", I remember watching that show as kid, I can't remember the plot, I just remember we all watched it, probably not so strange I can't recall much of it since I can't have been more than 10 or 11 when it hit Danish TV.

I love those blasts from the past - with all this reality tv wrecking the TV experience, and for that matter the art of music (with those popstar and idol shows). I think we need more truly innovative TV, like Twin Peaks innovated TV for the 90's, which show does that for this decade? I certainly can't think of one with the same impact.

Re:A blast from the past

You need TV Land channel...watch some reruns of Sanford & Son!!!

[quote author=Holy Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9303;start=0#msg84214 date=1086493248]
    which show does that for this decade? I certainly can't think of one with the same impact.
    [/quote]

well i haven't watched it myself, but i hear a lot of people talking about how great 24 is.

The Xfiles ;D

Good Guru

The Shield.

M*A*S*H and Hogan's Heroes I would say :P

Mentor

My favorite show right now is Monk. I think that guy is great. I loved him on wings as Antonio Scarpacci....

Am i showing my age by mentioning Wings?

M*A*S*H rules, but it's kinda bi-polar. Sometimes you have real funny episodes, and then there's the ones where somebody gets shot in the throat and they struggle to stay alive.

[quote author=Blackguard Stonedog link=board=17;threadid=9303;start=0#msg84236 date=1086522332]
    The Xfiles ;D
    [/quote]

That show was great, only season 8 and 9 just went overboard, supersoldiers and magic wonder babies (after a 11 month pregnancy I would expect something special though).

I agree, after they started on the whole alien supremacy inbreeding thing I stopped watching it. My favorite episode is the Christmas one where Mulder and Scully go to the haunted house. That one rocks.