Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LinuxJunior's Health

Re:LinuxJunior's Health

So everyone is cool with the idea of doing interviews? in which case I'm taking requests.. PM me a topic and I'll do my best to find a person to talk to..

Oh and I'm changing my sig on every forum I'm on to contain a link to Linuxjunior - every forum of interest that is.

And my new email signature will be pimping us as well.

well - as i see it we have been less healty

i wish i could be posting more but life has grabbed me by the nads....

Good Guru

[quote author=good pbharris link=board=18;threadid=9345;start=0#msg84718 date=1087410470]
    i wish i could be posting more but life has grabbed me by the nads....
    [/quote]
    Yeah. same here.

One idea I was just thinking about....

The icons and such on the site are a bit dated (ala KDE 2). We could use an upgrade on some of the icons or buttons. Maybe a cosmetic upgrade that looks like a Gnome theme or something.

I dont think thats been done before. Surefire way to get new hits to the site and maybe more members, etc, etc

Justa thought.

Maybe cloverm wouldn't mind upgrading to SMF??? I'm not trying to hauk the software but it is a little nicer, a lot more admin functionality, and with the new software comes the ability to add themes (I don't remember if YaBBSE had that ability). The templating system is harder (for me anyway) but A LOT more powerful it seems. There are already several themes to d/l at the forum over there.

Just a suggestion. I'm definately not trying to add any work on to cloverm. So this may not be a viable solution.

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=18;threadid=9345;start=0#msg85020 date=1088000190]
    Maybe cloverm wouldn't mind upgrading to SMF??? I'm not trying to hauk the software but it is a little nicer, a lot more admin functionality, and with the new software comes the ability to add themes (I don't remember if YaBBSE had that ability). The templating system is harder (for me anyway) but A LOT more powerful it seems. There are already several themes to d/l at the forum over there.

Just a suggestion. I'm definately not trying to add any work on to cloverm. So this may not be a viable solution.
    [/quote]
    Mmm...looks like beta software...

It is, but it is VERY stable. Great community for fast answers and good atmosphere. They should be releasing RC1 in about a month or so.

Is that open source?

If you are considering changing boards, may I suggest phpBB. My School's Forum and my webteam forum are both phpBB and it's pretty easy to administer. It's opensource and it's great and personally, i think php is a piece of crap but this is the only place where it's actually useful and easy to change the code, etc.

i hope we don't change boards... i have _never_ seen a better board than this one. it might not look very flashy or modern, but it behaves great IMHO.