Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

XFCE Rocks!

Thread: XFCE Rocks!

XFCE Rocks!

So i was talking to gorn and a few others (on IRC) and we were talking about DEs and WMs and someone (forget who) suggested I try XFCE if I like light-weighted things. So I tried it. I compiled it from src and wow! It worked right off.. All the dependencies were in there. All I need to do was --prefix=/usr cause it wouldn't recognize the /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and it was awesome. I like it better than KDE /&/ gnome. I love this. So I decided that XFCE is my new favorite DE and Blackbox still remains my favorite WM.

I would suggest this DE for /anyone/ who has a semi-slow computer and wants to try a DE. It is awesome!

Re:XFCE Rocks!

another nice thing about it is that it supports gtk themes

so if you use a lot of gnome apps, everything will sorta fit together nicely

XFce seems to me to be GNOME without the usability studies, and KDE without the excellent framework.. I really don't like it much.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=6;threadid=9350;start=0#msg84737 date=1087418542]
    XFce seems to me to be GNOME without the usability studies, and KDE without the excellent framework.. I really don't like it much.
    [/quote]

XFCE is a panel and some applets. It's not even in the same league as KDE/Gnome. It's kind of like a really spruced up windowmaker.

I really like XFCE. If I ever get around to putting together the pieces of an old 233 that I have kicking around, it's definitely the first thing going on.

XFCE 3 sucked like crazy though...looked like a blue and pink version of Motif.

I have the Live FreeBSD cd, and it sports XFce4, it's okay it's just not in the same league as the big boys..

I seriously think it's really cool. Ralinx, yeah it supports gtk, you can make it look like gnome if you wanted to but i just XFCE4 as itself and it's awesome and runs great.. I started using it more commonly, hopefully i will be satisfied. Also i like how it's background is called backdrop. ;D

Tyr, yeah.. it's pretty awesome. I think you also recommended this once in one of my old polls. I am not sure though. Anyways, I really like this DE/WM with awesome slick ness and goes nice with my speed slack 2.6.6