Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSE 9.1 Network Issues

Thread: SuSE 9.1 Network Issues

SuSE 9.1 Network Issues

I just installed SuSE 9.1 on my laptop, which used to haveSlackware 9.1. I have (at one point of another) 3 different network cards I use on it: the built-in one, the one on my docking station at work, and a wireless one.

This is the problem:

Under Slackware, I could set the three cards to get ip info by dhcp, and it all worked good. However, under SuSE, when I do that, it seems to populate *something* with the info it obtained from DHCP the first time, so that whenever I try to use DHCP on another card, on another network, it failes because it kept info from the previous network.

For example, if at work I dock my laptop, I get an IP, DNS and Gateway info from DHCP on eth0. However, at the end of the day, when I go home, I plug in my laptop on my home network and neither et1 or wlan0 would pick an IP from DHCP. When I run YaST, I see that it still has DNS, Gateway and DHCP information from my work network.

Has anyone encountered this behaviour?

Re:SuSE 9.1 Network Issues

*bump*

Re:SuSE 9.1 Network Issues

no worries, networking was strange under 9.1 for me as well..