Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xandros Open Circulation.

Re:Xandros Open Circulation.

Well I guess you can get around the cd burning issue by using CLI to burn CDs. That was mention on www.distrowatch.com about the OCE edition. I haven't tried it yet.

I was able to download from Xandros update site, mozilla 1.6 suite and install it. Also you can get patches and software updates. But it doesn't offer much else to download.

I wonder what happens if you use Debian's Sid apt sources in OCE list?

Good Guru

[quote author=Saptech link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84604 date=1087266678]
    I wonder what happens if you use Debian's Sid apt sources in OCE list?
    [/quote]

Dammit! Find out then! ;D

I've been looking at their forums and reading how some users add a preference file to the /etc/apt directory. Once I figure that out then I will give it a shot.

Schotty, since you have broadband and a big HD, now you can start trying all these diff distros!!! ;D

Good Guru

[big crowd noise]
    OOOOOHHHHH
    [/big crowd noise]

Damn I got called out ;D

Actually I am working on the torrent. I am having one hell of a time, but working on it.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84596 date=1087249115]
    What has Xandros given back... ever..

They feel like very bad open source citizens to me, and I'm not a big fan of their business model.
    [/quote]

Xandros submits all of their modificatons for KDE and all of their patches to any other GPL software they tweak. Xandros really is not in the Open Source develpment business, however. They are are the business of packaging top OS software into an easy to install and maintain desktop system and selling that system. I don't see a problem with what they are doing.

That said, I do get this kind of queazy feeling in my stomach about the whole thing... :-\

[quote author=cga link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84767 date=1087475203]

Xandros submits all of their modificatons for KDE and all of their patches to any other GPL software they tweak. Xandros really is not in the Open Source develpment business, however. They are are the business of packaging top OS software into an easy to install and maintain desktop system and selling that system. I don't see a problem with what they are doing.

That said, I do get this kind of queazy feeling in my stomach about the whole thing... :-\
    [/quote]

Do they? I thought their Xandros File Manager was specific to them.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84768 date=1087475380]
    [quote author=cga link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84767 date=1087475203]

[/quote]

Do they? I thought their Xandros File Manager was specific to them.
    [/quote]

Xandros File Manager is not GPL; therefore they are under no obligation to release the code.

[quote author=CP link=board=13;threadid=9322;start=0#msg84465 date=1086838933]
    It actually says its limited to the lowest burning speed, so I think that will a little firmware flash that could be overcome.
    All in all, it looks like a pretty good deal though
    Cheers
    CP
    [/quote]open Xandros Netowrk >type "cdrecagent" in search box hit enter > select install

now try to burn a cd from File Manager ;D