Thread: Low Cost Case

Hybrid View

Low Cost Case

Anybody know where I may be able to buy a case with mobo, cpu, floppy drive and maybe ram and or other componants already installed?

I need to put together a system for a nephew of mine and money is an issue.

Thnx.

Re:Low Cost Case

My local shop sells cases with 300W PSU's, keyboard, mouse and speakers for under 90bucks, that's a rather good deal. Any large'ish computer store near you should carry similar offers, those out of the storage, internet based kinda shops are normally best for cheap stuff.

[quote author=Saptech link=board=16;threadid=9312;start=0#msg84347 date=1086662331]
    Anybody know where I may be able to buy a case with mobo, cpu, floppy drive and maybe ram and or other componants already installed?

Thnx.

[/quote]

You seem to want a barebones kit. Look around, some online dealers have good deals.

[quote author=Simply Stuart link=board=16;threadid=9312;start=0#msg84355 date=1086671237]
    [quote author=Saptech link=board=16;threadid=9312;start=0#msg84347 date=1086662331]

Thnx.

[/quote]

You seem to want a barebones kit. Look around, some online dealers have good deals.
    [/quote]

www.pricewatch.com has a good listing of barebones systems

I'm thinking of buying this setup from compgeeks.com. What do you think of it, the pros & cons?

Feedback is needed, especially about the mobo.

Thnx.

http://tinyurl.com/2cfeg

Good Guru

[quote author=Saptech link=board=16;threadid=9312;start=0#msg84559 date=1087185365]
    I'm thinking of buying this setup from compgeeks.com. What do you think of it, the pros & cons?

Feedback is needed, especially about the mobo.

Thnx.

http://tinyurl.com/2cfeg

[/quote]

It looks decent enought to warrant a higher price. I own a smaller version of that chassis (grey too). Plus I just picked up a new Athlon XP MoBo (Gigabyte) and CPU. I will tell you that the chassis was a steal at $50, that is a common chassis in the area (or was a few years ago), the MoBo retails for $100 to $140 ( I got it for $105). So right there you are about half of what I paid, and I still havent thrown a floppy in there. research the Iwill board and make sure that the chipset is decent (looks like a Via IIRC) and that nobody was overly pissed about anything that really matters (like Overclocking is obviously as a stupid concern here).

Thnx guys, I found this and may go with it!

Standard Features: Mid Tower ATX Case w/300 Watt Power Supply & 2 front USB Ports
    MSI KM2M-L Motherboard
    Built-in Video-Sound-LAN
    AMD Duron 1.6 GHz processor w/heatsink&fan
    Fully assembled & tested
    1-year parts & labor warranty

http://tinyurl.com/35nws

It may be a better mobo and comes wit cpu. I can have them add the keyboard, mouse, cd & floppy drives to make sure they match up color wise with the case and add the rest myself.

Pros & cons welcome.

[quote author=Saptech link=board=16;threadid=9312;start=0#msg84615 date=1087291746]
    Standard Features: Mid Tower ATX Case w/300 Watt Power Supply & 2 front USB Ports
    MSI KM2M-L Motherboard
    Built-in Video-Sound-LAN
    AMD Duron 1.6 GHz processor w/heatsink&fan
    Fully assembled & tested
    1-year parts & labor warranty
    [/quote]
    I ended up ordering this barebones system. I haven't started putting it together yet, need HD & memory.

Thnx for the help.