Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

thats it, i quit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thats it, i quit

Re:thats it, i quit

Well it's going by the make of the BIOS, will that matter? Won't hurt to try.

Well it's going by the make of the BIOS, will that matter? Won't hurt to try.
    Yes, you are right. The only reason I pointed that out is that some, like Gateway use custom error beeps (At least the old ones I had to work on at one time or another). 95% of the time it's going to be standard for the BIOS.

it has about 9 to 11 beeps, and its amibios, and all of those pretty much say that its something wrong with my motherboard.

That's it I quit round 2: FIGHT!

so i put in a new motherboard and computer boots with no beeps, and i even get a bios, but then it doesnt let me enter bios NOR does it go past bios without going back to power saving, i tried unplugging and replugging everything in, i even tried just the video card plugged in, one time i even saw the bios not recognize my processor but it had on a previous boot. i dont know why, but it seems everything i put a pc together it spits in my face again and again this time i even used an anti-static wrist band!

im going to try and call around and try to get some thermal paste or get some from the store, since i had to put the cpu into the new motherboard, hopefully it wasnt damaged int he process making me buy a new cpu. this pc is putting a whole in my pocket.

Edit: put some new thermal paste on and now the pc boots perfectly, hell i even got the new motherboard in there and linux boots perfectly, hehe cant do that in windows.