Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IRC channel

Re:IRC channel

Seems to me like you just want to have op power....

OFTC is designed around communities for open source projects too...

That being the case, why do you want to move then if you dont want to go to LEHNet? What makes freenode so great?

For my part it's mostly that I have had problems on several occations connecting to the OFTC, and since it's the only channel I go there for, I personally would like it see moved. OFTC was a gapmeassure to "fix" the donation begging that was on OpenProjects (not FreeNode), not many projects are on there (two I can think of debian I think uses it, and there's an unofficial kernel channel there as well). FreeNode is where the action is when it comes to open source.

I don't especially want ops, I happen to have ops though, since that's the way chanserv works. For all I care we can all be ops. I don't see why it's such a big problem that I have it currently, actually it's kinda offending that you are all attacking me for doing this. Something I felt was in the best interest of the community.

[quote author=Holy Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9302;start=0#msg84221 date=1086496166]For all I care we can all be ops. I don't see why it's such a big problem that I have it currently, actually it's kinda offending that you are all attacking me for doing this. Something I felt was in the best interest of the community.
    [/quote]

In no way did I mean to attack you, and I appologize.

I was just saying I feel this is not about the network but about who has Ops. Not necessarely that you want it for yourself, but you have made it clear you are not pleased with the current operator on OFTC.

im sorry, but the way you said you had ops made it seem mighty suspicious.

And I have never had an issue connecting, maybe try a specific leaf of OFTC?

[00:38] --- quasar.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Dusseldorf, Germany
    [00:38] --- xenon.oftc.net oxygen.oftc.net :3 Waltham, MA, USA
    [00:38] --- plasma.oftc.net jupiter.oftc.net :3 The Netherlands
    [00:38] --- jupiter.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 United Kingdom
    [00:38] --- arion.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Zagreb, Croatia
    [00:38] --- kinetic.oftc.net neutron.oftc.net :3 Brighton, UK
    [00:38] --- neutron.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Vienna, Austria
    [00:38] --- unununium.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Karlsruhe, Germany
    [00:38] --- europa.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 The Netherlands
    [00:38] --- nova.oftc.net oxygen.oftc.net :3 Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    [00:38] --- oxygen.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    [00:38] --- electron.oftc.net orion.oftc.net :3 Perth, Australia
    [00:38] --- orion.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 California, USA
    [00:38] --- nucleon.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 Stockholm, Sweden
    [00:38] --- services.oftc.net uranium.oftc.net :2 IRC Registration Services for OFTC
    [00:38] --- uranium.oftc.net keid.oftc.net :1 United Kingdom
    [00:38] --- keid.oftc.net keid.oftc.net :0 Zagreb, Croatia
    try to find one geographically close to you...

[quote author=Holy Gorn link=board=18;threadid=9302;start=0#msg84222 date=1086497464]
    [quote author=Holy Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=9302;start=0#msg84221 date=1086496166]For all I care we can all be ops. I don't see why it's such a big problem that I have it currently, actually it's kinda offending that you are all attacking me for doing this. Something I felt was in the best interest of the community.
    [/quote]

In no way did I mean to attack you, and I appologize.

I was just saying I feel this is not about the network but about who has Ops. Not necessarely that you want it for yourself, but you have made it clear you are not pleased with the current operator on OFTC.
    [/quote]

I have a personal dislike for skywolf and his moronic behavior yes, but that has nothing to do with the move - This is solely about moving and renaming the channel.
    If I simply disliked skywolf I would just leave #ljr, people know where to get ahold of me, email is invented you know. That would be a whole lot easier, since I would be faced with these kinds of attacks would it not?

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!

OFTC's IPv6 IRC server sux fucking ass! I can get on via IPv6 about once every 2 weeks. At least on Freenode I don't have a problem.

EDIT:

On the LEHnet, let's point out the comment above:

I wanna move away from oftc since all I used that network for was #ljr, and I know a few other people who doesn't want to do the same.
    Why move from one network with one purpose to another with just as much? Nothing against that network. I just don't see a reason since I don't know a person who has gone there, nor have I even heard of it until now.

P.S. If you don't want #linuxjunior, and want to go back to #ljr, I'll drop it. Until then I'll hold it.

must you use ipv6 though?

Anyways, I dont see why we would need to move to another network in all honesty.

Guess no one remembers that this chan was on Freenode back in the "old days". The reason why we moved was the strange behavior of the IRCops and the Fund raising campain for this strange company named Freenode, if I may put it this way. So i can't see why we should move back again, Freenode is in my opinion not the best case for an Open Source Project.

The current goal is to raise $18K to fund a $15K salary, allowing the executive director to work for the nonprofit at least half his time, throughout the next year.
    Basically the whole fundraising is about paying "lilo" ( The Founder of Freenode/OPN) a salary. I think that this is a strike to every small open Source project who hasn't even the money to operate, not to talk about paying its members.

And when we moved the chan, we weren't really polite :-). I may point to Ralinx here *g*

must you use ipv6 though?
    Yes

Now that the whole Lilo thing is over, I must agree with Ch-b. We need to go back to where it all started in the first place. Just now it isn't called "OpenProjects".

Yeah thats why I think we should stay at OFTC :-)