Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Role Playing

Role Playing

Hey, on #ljr Gorn has made gorbot able to roll dice. because of this i was wondering if there are any rollplayers out there, and if there are if anybody would be willing to play D&D or something online?

The truth is..iduno if you can call what i play D&D it is a little off the rule books, but its the same principle. I can learn any game you guys have though.

So far FaeStars said she would be interested in playing...any others?

Re:Role Playing

I'd play. However, some people might not be very thrilled to have their #ljr channel become an rp channel...

I played that once, but I know sick people. I'll leave it at that. I'd be interested, but time is an issue...

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=8989;start=0#msg81237 date=1081367766]
    I'd play. However, some people might not be very thrilled to have their #ljr channel become an rp channel...
    [/quote]

we could always move it to a new channel. if nothing else, i could run a version of the bot on my own, but only if Gorn let me.

Why don't you start a MUD?

[quote author=philangatron link=board=17;threadid=8989;start=0#msg81259 date=1081388732]
    Why don't you start a MUD?
    [/quote]

I dont know the first thing about MUD's...but ill ask you in private about it..more interactive that way

yeah I'm gonna post the code for gorbot here soon (prolly BSD license?, I just wanna clean it up a bit more (and I haven't worked on it as of late, it's been a busy week and will continue to be one until the end of the month, but I'll post the code before then, I promise)

I think the idea of a different channel would indeed be best. That way people can talk on #ljr and we can all just play in a different channel. Double window and such...

So I'm willing to give it a try. Though school demands my attention and so might the RP room where I staff. But definately interested as I said...

Well, the problem is getting an IRC channel. If just playing is the point, perhaps you can just invite people to the chat you play in.

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=8989;start=0#msg81345 date=1081551586]
    Well, the problem is getting an IRC channel. If just playing is the point, perhaps you can just invite people to the chat you play in.
    [/quote]

getting an irc channel is easy. its a matter of keeping it alive, although we would only need to use it durring a game..