Thread: Suggestions on resume

Suggestions on resume

Mark Birchfield

Experience

2002-2003Lockheed MartinPascagoula, MS
    Operational Readiness Testing System Field Engineer
    „XHardware troubleshooting and support on VME chassis, HP744 single board computers, Ramix switches and network cards, 16 and 32 port Remote Access Servers.
    „XOperating system maintenance and troubleshooting, including boot, network support, and NFS files systems.
    „XResponsible for Initial Light Off of equipment as well as upkeep and installation of upgraded OE and Applications.
    „XLead Technician for Orts work center, specializing in Baseline 7Phase1 hardware and network troubleshooting.

2001-2002Lockheed MartinPascagoula, MS
    FCS CWI Radar Field Engineer
    „XHardware and RF path troubleshooting using various pieces of test equipment, including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes.
    „XWorked to ensure maximum up time on equipment with new RF chain paths and hardware never before used in a tactical environment.
    „XWorked with new baseline (6 Phase 3) utilizing expanded frequency ranges and new internal RF components.

1999-2001CDI MarinePascagoula, MS
    Senior Logistics Analyst
    „XResponsible for technical accuracy of CDMD-OA (Configuration Data Management Database- Open Architecture) records concerning weapons and firecontrol equipment on both CG and DD classes of ships.
    „XResponsible for approximately 75,000 records that drove parts support and onhand parts availability to previous mentioned ship classes.
    „XDesigned a training program to ensure an appropriate Level of Knowledge was instilled in other analysts for a program recertification.

1992-1998US NavyUSS Ticonderoga CG47
    FCS ORTS Technician
    „X Worked as a Track 1 Aegis weapon system technician that included a continuous wave illumination radar system, a director controller system, digital to digital converter cabinets, various military computer systems and data recording devices. Supervised maintenance on the Operation Readiness Testing System which is made up of a control/multiplexer, a data converter cabinet, and seven separate monitoring consoles. Experience Working on and troubleshooting the 400hz-power conversion equipment which changed 60hz ship service power to 400hz combat systems power. Qualified Missile System Supervisor (which supervises two missile systems and two CIWS Gun Mounts, overseeing the defense of the ship in a hostile environment). Qualified Air Weapon Supervisor (which oversees the Spy-l radar system, Both missile launchers and gun mounts, Missile System supervisor, Radar System Controller watch, and various other watches and equipment)

Education
    1998University of PhoenixPhoenix, AZ
    Associate of Arts, Electronics Technology

Interests
    Knowledgeable and familiar with HP-UX11, Linux Redhat, Mandrake, and Debian. Microsoft certified in Networking Essentials. Five years of computer repair experience, two years of network setup and troubleshooting, Current Secret clearance.
    Ok, I know some of you guys do the hiring for companies. I am looking for some pointers on my resume to boost its appeal. Anything look out of place or need revamping?

Re:Suggestions on resume

i have always looked for the best summaries possible, e.g. being able to say as much as posobel in as few words as possible. but that is my opinion, it is hard to tell. There are many details in yours that mean nothing to me, and i am ex-navy so i would have a better idea than many.

How long ago navy? Its all pretty standard AEGIS stuff.

1987 - 1991, AEGIS was around when i was there, but i did not have anything to do with it, i was in a cal lab. i don't do any hiring but i will check out resumes and recommend them. for me it is tough when the resume assumes i know what an accroym is.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=14;threadid=9286;start=0#msg84026 date=1086150408]
    for me it is tough when the resume assumes i know what an accroym is.
    [/quote]

My resume includes full meaning before an abreviation, for example:

Summary of Skills

Programming Languages
    C
    C++
    Microsoft Visual Basic (VB)

Scripting Languages
    ANSI Sequence Query Language (ANSI-SQL)
    Practical Extraction and Report Language (PERL)
    Bourne Again Shell (BASH)
    Java Script

Operating Systems
    FreeBSD
    GNU/Linux
    Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/DOS

Abstract
    Relational Design
    Object Oriented Design

Miscellaneous
    Oracle 8/8i
    Concurrent Versions System (CVS)
    GNU Compiler Collect (gcc)
    GNU Autoconf/Automake
    Multimedia APIs (SDL, Allegro)
    Microsoft Office Suite
    Fluent Spanish speaker
    This helps avoids any misunderstanding and pads your resume alittle bit more ;D

Good Guru

You missed BSD and GNU.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=9286;start=0#msg84043 date=1086193398]
    You missed BSD and GNU.
    [/quote]

Not to mention ME and DOS.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=9286;start=0#msg84043 date=1086193398]
    You missed BSD and GNU.
    [/quote]

i sure as hell wouldn't wanna explain to a possible employer what GNU's Not Unix/Linux actually is

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=9286;start=0#msg84053 date=1086204282]
    You missed BSD and GNU.
    [/quote]

i sure as hell wouldn't wanna explain to a possible employer what GNU's Not Unix/Linux actually is
    [/quote]

HAHHAHAHAA - well ya see, its a recursive acronym! ya know...