Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10dedfish's New Box

Re:10dedfish's New Box

[quote author=Holy Gorn link=board=17;threadid=9272;start=0#msg84089 date=1086287498]
    Terg and I were talking about the economics of just that today on #ljr (or maybe #quickfry)
    [/quote]

yupyup, if you sold a computer a day, and made $100 profit off of each one.. you would be making $36,500 a year. Now you have to subtract costs for advertising, and a few other things you might need for the company.

on top of that, my dad's company starts employee's pay off at like.. $9.50 an hour i think, for machine operators. this would be just under $20,000 a year if it wasn't for taxes, based on 40 hour weeks, assuming there was a full 52 weeks in a year. Then you have to pay for some other things on a per employee basis, such as insurance.. though im not sure how much that would cost. (note, not all classes of companies have to pay the same things for their employees)

So out of a slightly educated guess, you would have to start selling roughly 2 computers a day to be able to get an assistant.

Good Guru

[quote author=Holy_Knight link=board=17;threadid=9272;start=0#msg84156 date=1086406628]
    So out of a slightly educated guess, you would have to start selling roughly 2 computers a day to be able to get an assistant.
    [/quote]
    For that kind of work, you could do it yourself.

It would be a problem if you have more than 10 computers sold ( taking the fact that you would be selling it every single days ). Out of that, you would have to fix 1 computers a day ( for 10% rate ). Only more than that, you will need an assistant.

But remember, no company with small time work makes money now adays building computers. Falling prices are killing them. Huge inventory losses are norm for them. To ensure supply, they need to do it big time like Dell and HP. Otherwise, even IBM can't make it with PC business alone.

i was just thinking an assistant to help with sales even...

on top of that i meant you would have enough money to support a new employee.

and its all hypothetical anyways..