Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MS granted patent for double-click
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS granted patent for double-click

MS granted patent for double-click

Microsoft has been granted a patent on the double-click by the US Patents and Trademark Office. The patent, number 6,727,830, was granted on April 27.

An abstract of the application says: "A method and system are provided for extending the functionality of application buttons on a limited resource computing device. Alternative application functions are launched based on the length of time an application button is pressed. A default function for an application is launched if the button is pressed for a short, i.e., normal, period of time.
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...058889577.html

what the hell!?

Re:MS granted patent for double-click

E-Patents are crack.

Ok...I've seen ridiculous patents before, but this one's just over the top. Some people at the US patent office need to start losing their jobs. I think that's the only way the situation will change.

*pounds his fist* This is ricidulous. Absolutely nuts.

In other news, I have decided to become an assisin. Just pay me the money it costs to get to these people and I'll strangle them.

[quote author=Stuart link=board=14;threadid=9290;start=0#msg84059 date=1086217304]

In other news, I have decided to become an assisin. Just pay me the money it costs to get to these people and I'll strangle them.
    [/quote]

[me=pbharris]slides Stuart some cash under the table.[/me]

Make it look like an accident.

What is this nonsense? How can they accept patents like these? Double-CLick?! C'mon.... :-\

[quote author=pbharris link=board=14;threadid=9290;start=0#msg84060 date=1086221165]
    [quote author=Stuart link=board=14;threadid=9290;start=0#msg84059 date=1086217304]

[/quote]

[me=pbharris]slides Stuart some cash under the table.[/me]

Make it look like an accident.
    [/quote]

[me=Stuart]nods his head[/me]
    Indeed I will. There will be many accidents tomorrow. Keep your eye on slashdot.

they are trying to get it revoked, i also heard like 46% of patents are dismissed for being bogus. hope this happens with this patent.

It looks as if they took the page down .... ???

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=14;threadid=9290;start=0#msg84096 date=1086302915]
    It looks as if they took the page down .... ???
    [/quote]
    Well then, it's time to take them down- Stu?

Or it could be another /. related DOS.