Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE

Re:DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE

[quote author=countach44 link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83650 date=1085203553]
    If the warranty's void, what's stopping you from popping it open?
    [/quote]

Are you crazy, I have 2 years of warrenty left on this thing, it's brand new - actually NETGEAR gives a total of 5 years of support and warranty on it, so I'll write them a polite little email asking them why their crap can't handle more than 2% of the load it was designed for, it's unacceptable and I refuse to sit back and take it like a sucker.

That's right - fight the man!

[quote author=countach44 link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83661 date=1085252014]
    That's right - fight the man!
    [/quote]

[me=Lovechild]puts on Rage Against the Machine..[/me]

FUCKING RIGHT, I'M GONNA STICK IT TO THE MAN !!

Good Guru

Hmm interesting ... I have had nothing but good results from ALL of the products I have tried. Gateways, NICs, hubs, switches.

Bad firmware? Is it a possible heat problem? Can you trade it in for a different model? Even the best occasionally have a bad revision.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83672 date=1085269111]
    Hmm interesting ... I have had nothing but good results from ALL of the products I have tried. Gateways, NICs, hubs, switches.

Bad firmware? Is it a possible heat problem? Can you trade it in for a different model? Even the best occasionally have a bad revision.
    [/quote]

I had the router replaced so it's not just a broken single unit - it has to be the entire series. It's store policy not to replace outside of the brought series unless it's gone out of their stock

Good Guru

What does Netgear say? I am sure they would rather preserver their image and let you up/down grade to another product line.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83675 date=1085270660]
    What does Netgear say? I am sure they would rather preserver their image and let you up/down grade to another product line.
    [/quote]

I haven't written them yet, I won't so till monday - I would like to formulate a nice firm letter, I'll get my gf to help me, she's studying data economies and has classes in this kind of trade legalise.

but not living up to < 2% of the specificed load, that speaks loads of the quality of this otherwise fine product, the web frontend is quite decent, it's completely noise free, has easy to read LED indicators and is easily wall mountable.

I have a Netgear router that occasionally craps out and requires a hard reset. A firware upgrade did not seem to immediately help but the problem occures relatively infrequently (not enough to make me angry all the time). At any rate, I hope you get some good results with your follow-up correspondence to Netgear.

I just have to say that I have a netgear router as well, and it's been pretty good. However, my previous roommate had one as well, and like you we had to give it a hard reset almost daily. Netgear's pretty sketchy.