Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: only have of the ram seen

only have of the ram seen

I was wondering why is only half of the ram seen by the bios and windows? liek if I put in a stick of 512 it sees 256 and 256 is 128 WTF!! I have checked in the biso and it looks fine other then it lags and once again only half of the fuckin ram > > the mobo is and Asus A7V333 it never use to do this untill a few days ago. I also took out the battery many many times and stil nothing.

TIA
    Michael

Re:only have of the ram seen

Have you tried memtest86?

yup it only shows 128 untill I tell it to probe it. but once I do that and it sees it 256 I just see errors number going up with no end in sight :-\

are these single chips or two?
    Maybe it's a bad slot?

Bad slot would be my guess. It's definitely a hardware problem if it wasn't happening before and memtest86 is returning errors. That sucks man...new mobos don't come cheap!

As a side note I have an Asus A7V as well and in three years of use I've gone through 2 network cards, 2 sound cards, 3 dvd roms, 2 cd burners, 2 graphics cards, my hard drive is buggered beyond repair, and I'm limping along at half the USB ports I should have. Everything that gets within 10 feet of this system gets hosed. There's no explanation for killing hardware at that kind of rate except to blame either the power supply or the mobo, and the power supply was replaced in the middle of all the failures.

Time to start looking at another manufacturer methinks.

yea thank god it was a bad slot ;D

I guess i'm like you every computer I have owned has hadd problems. last year alone I bought 2 mobos a cd-rw and a hdd. now i'm getting another mobo and cpu. but it seem slike mobos just hate me or somehow I break it :-\

anyways anyone know why the bios lags?? eveytime I move over to a new menu or change soemthing it stutters ??? ???

Every computer has problems... that's what makes em fun

No, that's what makes them smashed by a hammer.

Which is fun!

Mentor

I prefer baseball bat. Which is the fate my old monitor faces now it thinks its too good to turn on!