Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Google to be sued over name?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google to be sued over name?

Google to be sued over name?

Slashdot Article

This is just crazy and stupid. >

Re:Google to be sued over name?

this fuck should have done this long ago but no, he had to wait till they turned into a big company so he can get millions >

this guy

Can you sue over the use of a made up word or expression? Was the word was trademarked? This girl needs to get over it. After all, James Joyce never sued anybody after the scientific community co-opted his word "quark" from Finnegean's Wake.

the last idiot hasn't ben born yet... Seriously americans will sue over the silliest things.

I mean some people consider the legal system as one big get rich quick scheme.

sueing over words, hell ya! oops, i could get sued for using any one of those! time for me to cash in on this shit...

oops

none of you say oops or you are fucked!@#$!

You wish :P

Can't copyright a name, brand, or title. Copyrights are for work produced (music, film, art, work stuff, books, essays, etc..)

This is just a piece of crap! I talked to Stuart on #ljr and he said ' then i can be sued if my company was called "billions" ' .. this is just that sort of thing.. i mean come on!! 10^100 (googol) suing Google. This is just ridiculous....

Well, I was likening them pondering sueing google over basing their name on a number, googol, to that of someone being sued over having a company named billion.. or something 'based-off' of the number billion.
    For example, if I named my tobacco company infinitee and say I based it off the concept of infinity, because that is the number of lives my product would take, then whoever coined the term 'infinity' would sue me.
    Pretty dumb eh?

So why don't we sue Trillian? :P

Because we don't own the rights to it...

Exactly my point. Exactly. It's so commonly used that it has become public domain. Like Kleenex. This lady must be on crack, because googol is explained in every grade school math text(or should be), and I don't see her sueing over the use of it there..