Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE

DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE

I just got my router back from repairs, well replacement actually - and while I hoped it was just broken it turns out it complete crap..

I keep loosing connection, and making the router renew the ip addy doesn't work, I literally have to pull the plug to get back online..

Who ever designed the piece of crap is hereby informed that I'll make it my mission in life to find and kill him/her.

I'm to angry right now...

Re:DIE NETGEAR DIE DIE DIE

chin up, like the spider says.

But yeah that does sound pretty bad. Could it be it's getting hit with too much information so it's crapping out (No that's not a good router if it can't handle the load, but maybe you could do something about it, like fix the worm infeceted windows box on the lan or whatever is causing it)

there is actually only my box behind it right now, and all I'm doing is downloading iso images of FC2, this is a two person private network, I nmainly have the router to compensate for my ISPs slow DHCP server and to have the both of us on a private protected network.

But this router can crash by just being on, no load required.. it's crap.

And you know what I brought this model since my local shop which normally gives good advice said this was a stable router and a recommended product.

I have the desire to see blood.

My router was crapping out from too much load, but that's what you get from buying at the special table at microcenter.

pigions could deliver more packages per second than this thing does..

I mean it's a 100MBit router, I have 100MBit internet connection which is shared - meaning I near reach 100% load on the router.

Current I download at 100-200kb/s which is a measly 10-20% of the capacity and it locks up every hour or so.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83637 date=1085178832]
    I mean it's a 100MBit router, I have 100MBit internet connection which is shared - meaning I near reach 100% load on the router.

Current I download at 100-200kb/s which is a measly 10-20% of the capacity and it locks up every hour or so.
    [/quote]

Bad math. It's 200(KB/s)/100(Mb/s) or 200(KB/s)/12.5(MB/s) or 200(KB/s)/12800.0(KB/s) which is 1.6% of your capacity.

Yeah that is a bad router.

doh, I feel so dumb right now.. I didn't think for a second, being angry at my 4th hard restart of the router since I connected it just after dinner.

If the warranty's void, what's stopping you from popping it open?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=9247;start=0#msg83633 date=1085176377]
    pigions could deliver more packages per second than this thing does..
    [/quote]

LOL
    good one