Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What do you use for audio?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you use for audio?

What do you use for audio?

please also post about _why_ you prefer a certain application over the others

myself, i use Rhythmbox... i used to prefer Xmms because it was simple and it did what it needed to do. But then i gave Rhythmbox a try and i loved it. I love being able to just click on the name of an artist, and be able to listen to every song i have from said artist, without having to fuck around with playlists. That said, Rhythmbox also has good support for playlists if you want to keep using them. So for me, Rhythmbox is perfect... if only it would let me edit the ID3 tags directly... keeping the extermely slow-paced development of gnome programs in mind, i'm hoping this will be possible in Gnome 4.2 or so :

Re:What do you use for audio?

Radio.

I use xmms, but I'm looking for something.. less ugly..

I am also using XMMS, but am planning to switch to mplayer soon...

I have 6 GB of songs.. Rhythmbox takes far too long to load them all up...

[quote author=Stuart link=board=12;threadid=9216;start=0#msg83275 date=1084733295]
    I have 6 GB of songs.. Rhythmbox takes far too long to load them all up...
    [/quote]

20GB of songs here... the initial import of my music library takes a _long_ time, but after that, it doesn't spend any time on it anymore

I use XMMS and mplayer.

I don't have the patience to wait for Rhythmbox, so that option is out for now.

I am trying beep, but it just doesn't have the plugins that xmms has, that I use everyday.. Just.. xmms is so ugly.. If I wasn't so picky, there could be lots of perfect media players out there for me.

Rhythmbox, I'm especially looking forward to the 0.9/1.0(or 0.10 depending on Colin) branch which will have an SQLite backend so speed won't be a problem anymore even with very big databases of music.

Rb organizes my music nicely and it has a nice rating and random system so I can listen to all my CDs in a nice manner, playing the songs I love, the most. It also supports iRadio which I need for following my favorite stations, and they to are organised, tagged and rated.

RB is a true GNOME app, it does the job just right, and it's simple to use.