Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedora Core 2

Fedora Core 2

the release is being pushed to the mirrors right now, and will be available on May 18.

FCT3 had some problems, but i've always installed the updates and i must say i haven't had any problems for a while now... this should be another very good release from the Fedora team.

Re:Fedora Core 2

i have been checking a few of the mirror sites in hope they let it go a bitr early - no such luck...

i think it will be pretty good.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=7;threadid=9215;start=0#msg83264 date=1084723319]
    i have been checking a few of the mirror sites in hope they let it go a bitr early - no such luck...
    [/quote]

yea i tried that too when FC2T3 was being pushed to the mirrors... all of them kept the directory locked until it was officially released.

i'll download it as soon as the mirrors are opened, but will probably wait for a couple of days until i have the time to install it. I don't really need to install it because my rawhide system is running perfectly, but i wanna test the install of FC2 before i pass it along to other people

The torrent's available Here

No luck on getting the torrent to work yet though. It could be that it's just too early, or that my bittorrent's not working.

well - has anyone been able to get it yet?

downloading it now at about 50kbps

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=7;threadid=9215;start=0#msg83266 date=1084723667]

No luck on getting the torrent to work yet though. It could be that it's just too early, or that my bittorrent's not working.
    [/quote]

It seems like it's not been seeded correctly :

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=7;threadid=9215;start=0#msg83408 date=1084917038]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=7;threadid=9215;start=0#msg83266 date=1084723667]

[/quote]

It seems like it's not been seeded correctly :
    [/quote]

Actually, it seems as if the EU torrent tracker is working. http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/fedora-torrent/

what good is a euro tracker.. I mean a single tracker should in theory give the best results, more people == more speed, considering that bt distributes fairly to all buckets.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=9215;start=0#msg83413 date=1084917701]
    what good is a euro tracker.. I mean a single tracker should in theory give the best results, more people == more speed, considering that bt distributes fairly to all buckets.
    [/quote]

Should being the keyword ... and is generally true. I think they might the EU tracker has a different torrent which was seeded correctly. I'm getting about 50k off the EU tracker and still haven't a thing off the other tracker. They probably are doing it like this with the belief that there would be slow down over the drink to the point that sharing off London, L.A., Mexico City, Olso, etc.. would be worse than separating. I don't really agree but hey.