Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

triple boot

Thread: triple boot

triple boot

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of trying out both debian and slackware on the same machine, but was wondering about some things:
    I have the debian beta installer, does it automatically install grub, or can I choose?
    I have some unused space on my ntfs partition which I will, um...partition, so do I need another swap space?

Thank you
    Dswissmiss

Re:triple boot

You shouldn't need another swap partition. As far as the installer thing goes I don't know that one.

thanx...

ok, I made my ntfs drive smaller with partition magic... now I try to format the unused partition in slackware but its not working (tried installing debian, but it saw the free space as "unusable&quot.
    when I do cfdisk, I get a fatal error, cannot open disk drive, and I've been trying to download qparted with no luck either. so what is the easiest way to format this unused space?

Thank you

Does plain old fdisk work? You might need to set the partition type using fdisk.

You should have been able to use XP to create the blank space also.

fdisk works, but I don't think it recognizes it, when I press p (print partition table), it doesnt see it and when I press n (add partition) it says that there isn't any unalocated space.
    Guess I have to go back into xp for this one.