Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Generic Linux FAQs

Thread: Generic Linux FAQs

Generic Linux FAQs

I was referred to this forum by a member of the USAlug forum. I am working on a project to provide a way to give answers to questions through a program or script similar to the 'fortune mod" available in most ditributions. Do you have such a FAQ here?

Re:Generic Linux FAQs

hi maillion,
    i will have to drop by an say hi to my friends at usalug one of these days

anywho - we have the PETs, but i am not sure what that is what you want..
    -> http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/pet/pet.cgi

cloverm will more than likely be able to help more.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=18;threadid=9197;start=0#msg83075 date=1084240955]
    hi maillion,
    i will have to drop by an say hi to my friends at usalug one of these days

anywho - we have the PETs, but i am not sure what that is what you want..
    -> http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/pet/pet.cgi

cloverm will more than likely be able to help more.

[/quote]

Those are not quite what I need, but I will nonetheless look them over, because I am a career student, with the world as my alma mater, and everyone I meet as my teacher... ;D

To be quite honest, that's a rather obscure FAQ..."how to build a module that answers questions like fortune does." I have my doubts that such a thing exists, really. Sorry, but I figured I should say something

I'd say to check the BASH scripting guides at http://tldp.org/cgi-bin/ldpsrch.cgi

or the rest of the documentation at tldp.org