Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mono: A Developer's Notebook

Thread: Mono: A Developer's Notebook

Hybrid View

Mono: A Developer's Notebook

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0596007922/

this book seems very promising... it's not out yet, but i've already pre-ordered mine

Re:Mono: A Developer's Notebook

they don't seem to be shipping to Denmark, so I'll order it from Amazon.co.uk when it hits - always happy to support good projects.

Re:Mono: A Developer's Notebook

i received my copy last week. it's pretty good... it won't teach you a lot about the .NET Framework but that's not what it intends to do. The book's goal is to get you started with Mono and it's related technologies like GTK#.

it is filled with small examples that will show you how to get stuff done with C# and Mono. So if you know .NET and wanna start using Mono, this is a really helpfull book. If you don't know .NET but wanna get into Mono, this book will get you started, but you better pick up a book that covers .NET specifically to read after you read the Mono book.

either way, it gets the Ralinx Seal Of Approval