Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New E-mail service to move to - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New E-mail service to move to

Re:New E-mail service to move to

does anyone know when gmail will be open to the public? i heard they're waiting till september :-\

Mentor

i personally think you cant beat yahoo for free email.

especially now that they upped the mail box size to 100 meg!

[quote author=boblucci link=board=14;threadid=9173;start=0#msg84793 date=1087503956]
    i personally think you cant beat yahoo for free email.

especially now that they upped the mail box size to 100 meg!
    [/quote]

have you read the gmail reviews? it looks extremely promising

i'm actually thinking i might move all of my mail over to gmail if it's as good as they say it is

Mentor

Ralinx,
    i didnt read any reviews, i just figured since i already use yahoo i'll just stick with it.

jumping from 4 meg to 100 meg HAS to be directly related to the comming of gmail.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=14;threadid=9173;start=0#msg84797 date=1087504719]
    Ralinx,
    i didnt read any reviews, i just figured since i already use yahoo i'll just stick with it.

jumping from 4 meg to 100 meg HAS to be directly related to the comming of gmail.
    [/quote]

yea it most likely is because of gmail... but 100MB is nothing compared to 1GB of space

anyway, take a look at these pics:
    http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/screen1.html
    http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/screen2.html

in typical google fashion, they went with an extremely simple interface, which is good. I don't like web applications because most of the times, the interfaces just suck. It's almost inherent to web development IMHO. But gmail looks very usable and i will definitely give it a shot once it's out of beta, or if i can somehow get an account before that.

Ah ... freshell.org. Everything one could want, minus the flashy advertisment. Of course you're welcome to use yahoo/hotmail/gmail/etc ...., but why would you?

Good Guru

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=9173;start=0#msg84798 date=1087505484]
    or if i can somehow get an account before that.
    [/quote]
    If you are interested, send me a pm with your current mail addy.

Good Guru

Well beer.com has a greaat webmail service thats free, and for 10 bucks a year has pop access. I get little spam, and most of it I kinda asked for.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=9173;start=0#msg85134 date=1088107710]
    Well beer.com has a greaat webmail service thats free, and for 10 bucks a year has pop access. I get little spam, and most of it I kinda asked for.
    [/quote]
    That's too much info...

I moved away from Yahoo after my account got spammed to death. I'm now using Fusemail, it's $19 per year, and I'm very happy with the service. You get a 350mb mailbox and can access it via the web or imap.

Since I moved, I've only given my real email address to people / sites that I trust, and use disposable addresses from Spam Gourmet for everything else. I now get no spam at all, but it has made me realise how little email I get. :