Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Nagios user problem..????

Thread: Nagios user problem..????

Nagios user problem..????

I'm a newbie......I am typing this command at the command prompt to do a test to see if i can send email but I get NOTHING ....anyone know why...plz help....
    ??? ??? :'( :'(

# echo |mail -s "alert alert " joe.shmoe@work.ca

(not using my real email...haha)

Re:Nagios user problem..????

hello,
    the command you used worked fine for me - i am using mailx - what are you using?

Re:Nagios user problem..????

the guy who usually tinkers with this is on vacation , he had told me once that it was mailx I tried the same command using sendmail and it didn't work either....confused...

# echo |sendmail -s "alert alert " joe.shmoe@work.ca >

Sir can any one please help me how to install nagios in linux and from there how to monitor the windows Desktop and Server machines

Are you trying to send the mail as a user?
    Do you or the particular user have permission to send mail? If not give permission to use the command.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have not got it! I want the help to install nagios on Red Hat Linux 5.4 and monitor windows machine