Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cds not mounting

Re:cds not mounting

i'm not sure about this... but i think i once had the same problem when i wanted to install Unreal Tournament. i had mounted the CD, then i ran the installer and it also gave me problems about not being able to mount the CD. So i unmounted the CD, ran the installer, and the installer mounted the CD for me and everything worked. maybe that's all you need to do

I remember such a problem with UT2K3 as well. I think it was just due to the PWD, being that you would be in /mnt/cdrom to run the installer.

Hey guys ;D

lastnight my computer would not start up so I have no computer right now until I figure out why it wont start, all I have is a black screen ??? this sucks >

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=2;threadid=9170;start=30#msg83017 date=1084147092]
    Hey guys ;D

lastnight my computer would not start up so I have no computer right now until I figure out why it wont start, all I have is a black screen ??? this sucks >

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that.. Did you check your power connection and all?

yea I checked all the cords and they were fine. But I dunno what it could be I cannot even eject my cdrom because it looks like it is getting no power at all. My computer also sound a little too quite. So my guess is that my mobo is dead > or could it be my CPU ???

another thing I belive it would be called the "northbridge VIA chip" the fan on it was not working and it would get really hot. but once and a while it would work

if it is a dead mobo what do you guys/girls suggest is a good board ??? ( I am willing to pay more for a kick ass board them some cheap POS)

Currently I have a Gigabyte GA7VAX

Did you try the paperclip thing to retrieve your CD?

there never was a cd in there :P I just wanted to see if I could eject it. but I cant it doesnt even light up ???