Derek,

I decided to post this in public, since I have told you all these things in private numerous times, and you keep ignoring them.

You are welcome to LinuxJunior, as anyone is. Come and seek help and shoot the breeze and what not. Everyone else does.

However, keep in mind a couple of things:

1. When seeking help, check to see if your problems are really problems at all. For example, obviously you are going to get some instructions with your DSL modem whn it comes. There is no way a company can just drop a modem and expect you to get it to work on your own. Wait to see if you have problems and then see if you need help. If you want to know what something is, check Google or whatever other information source is available. It is annoying to be asked things every day that you can easily find on your own.

2. Do research on your own before seeking help.

Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

Try to find an answer by searching the Web.

Try to find an answer by reading the manual.

Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.

Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.

Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.

If you are a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.
Read this and follow it before seeking help.

3. The world is full of mean people. Learn to deal with it. If someone is mean to you, either ignore it, or find out why. If you caused it, deal with it. If not, then just ignore it or find ways of avoiding the person. Going to tell the teacher or your mom works when you are 6. After that, it just makes you seem a whinner.

4. If someone offers to help you, don't give them a link to what you have found: try it and see if it works.

5. Keep in mind that this is a Linux board, first and foremost. All kind of support questions are welcome, be them Windows questions, car questions or even toothpaste questions. However, you are more likely to get answers to Linux-related questions.

I don't mean to be rude or mean. However, many people have told you these things over and over and you choose to ignore them. No one is going to ban you for being annoying or or bothersome. However, people will get mad and frustrated at you, and start disliking you. They already have started. This means they will be less likely to help you and more likely to say offensively towards you. Basically, you earn the responses you get.

Although I have told you all these things before, get to me in private if you wish to discuss this further.

Trickster.

By the way, Cloverm is the owner and Administrator of the board. If he does not answer you, he is either busy or does not feel like answering you. Please do not ask the mods to intervene with him for you. We have the same chance as you of getting an answer rom him.