Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

which kernel??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which kernel??

which kernel??

Last week I managed to complete my first kernel compile after using linux for about 18 months. I was well happy!!

Anyway, I was just wondering what kernel version everyone is running, and when your first compile was(or are going to attempt it).

Im running a 2.6.5 kernel on my desktop now, and still trying to get the niggles sorted out on my laptop so still running 2.4.22 on that.

Jamie

yea, I have a 2.4.22 kernel....

2.4.22 because my aura prevents me from compiling kernels. just ask anyone #jl I simpily can not compile a working kernel.

its true janne is cursed like that

<pulls needle from voodoo doll> :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by janne_oksanen
    2.4.22 because my aura prevents me from compiling kernels. just ask anyone #jl I simpily can not compile a working kernel.
    I knonw exactly how you feel - it stook me 12 attempts to get the kernel compile to work "right" on my desktop and I have tired it about 6 times on the laptop to no avail

J

I'm waiting to upgrade until the gods say its ok.

I knonw exactly how you feel - it stook me 12 attempts to get the kernel compile to work "right" on my desktop and I have tired it about 6 times on the laptop to no avail
    I have tried it in every way there is. Last time I even had one of the "gurus" to make me a .config file. No deal. It would run into totally weird errors in 2 seconds. Even with Hayl, dkeav _and_ maccorin all helping me I could not make it compile. I tried untaring the source 3 times, downloading the sourcec again, tried different source packages but nothing worked. It was not the config file either because it compiled fine on maccorin's box

So if it's not the sources and it's not the config what do you have left to blame?

Stupid question. It's dkeav's fault with all his voodoo dolls :P

Associate

*evil grin*

i'm one of the nutheads then....
    Debian stable and the latest version of the kernel....
    Currently on 2.6.5 due to an attempt to get a uptimerecord on more than 15 days this year...

Kernelcompiling is fun... Secially with a few beers and some good music to listen too..
    In a world without barriers and fences, who wants Windows and Gates?

I am happily using 2.6.5-love-sources on Gentoo Linux....................I'm such a geek :lol:

Associate
    @ ZennouRyuu
    Ain't we all geeks in one way or another?
    Source is fun

just to quote Haavamaal (The spek of the high one, Odin of the norse gods)
    "It's better to remain silent and let everyone wonder if you're stupid, than to open your mouth and remove every inch of doubt."
    In a world without barriers and fences, who wants Windows and Gates?