Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

moving database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases

Thread: moving database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases

moving database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases

I am thinking of moving my database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases. I am currently running OpenNA 1.0 and my database server may soon be out of disk space. I know I can do this thru my.cnf. Are there anything to consider execept changing the ff:

datadir=/var/lib/mysql

How about the basedir should I change it too to the desired location?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks and more power.

Re:moving database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases

Is your db server in production? Why don't you just try editing the my.cnf, don't move the data, and see what happens. I would assume that mysql would complain that the mysql db's (users, hosts, etc) can't be found. Then copy over the mysql db's and restart mysql. if all you accounts are still there then that's good. Then try moving over all other db's. Make sure to look at your logs.

Re:moving database from its default directory where mysql puts on new databases