Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gentoo 2004.1 Released!

Thread: Gentoo 2004.1 Released!

Gentoo 2004.1 Released!

I went to slashdot and clicked on the penguin a couple of minutes ago that 2004.1 released! Good Luck to whoever is running Gentoo!

I will also try gentoo some day.. after LFS.

Gentoo 2004.1
    on slashdot!

It is on the gentoo site too!

Gentoo

Good Guru

Re:Gentoo 2004.1 Released!

I figured I would give Gentoo another hack at it. Why not?

I just finished downloading it at my friends a few moments ago. I hope to try the install by Tuesday or so.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=7;threadid=9116;start=0#msg82635 date=1083525037]
    I figured I would give Gentoo another hack at it. Why not?

I just finished downloading it at my friends a few moments ago. I hope to try the install by Tuesday or so.
    [/quote]

Good Luck! I liked it when I tried it but it was pretty hard for me to maintain it without internet but now that i do have internet, i might try it later on in the summer if I cannot get LFS to work.

I wonder if their crappy kernel still oops's when you run grub.

I installed it for the first time today...definitely a bit more challenging than slack.
    x and its dependencies have been compiling for the past 6 hours now..hehe..guess it'll be a little while til im up and rollin..
    anyone know of any good newbie sites for gentoo or emerge listings?

well I got it installed and it is finally running great I love it I will never switch again ;D I also learned how I got my mouse to work too lol I didn't load the correct modules and modules in the kernel lol

GENTOO ROCKS!!!!!

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=7;threadid=9116;start=0#msg82653 date=1083543570]
    well I got it installed and it is finally running great I love it I will never switch again ;D I also learned how I got my mouse to work too lol I didn't load the correct modules and modules in the kernel lol

GENTOO ROCKS!!!!!
    [/quote]

Congratulations! I might try it again but I don't have the patience to wait for my 299 MhZ to compile QT or the Kernel so I might not think of compiling XFree from scratch.