Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hey peeps,
    They are coming out with a new HHGTTG movie in 05.
    Currently the only big names in there that I recognize is John Malcovich and Warwick Davis. Who as we all remember, starred in Star Wars, Harry Potter and Willow.
    The imdb site can be found here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

Re:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

don't you have a job or something... Seriously, though, if the movie is half as good as the book it should be cool.

I have mixed feelings about this one, I loved the book, and both the radio and TV series. If they get it right it will be excellent, but I don't know if a big budget Hollywood production would retain the feel.

Red Dwarf up until series Seven was brilliant, but after that when they started using CGI instead of models, and adding dramatic background music it spoiled it. It just lost some of it's charm.

Red Dwarf up until series Seven was brilliant, but after that when they started using CGI instead of models, and adding dramatic background music it spoiled it.
    So so true. At least the stories never lost their touch.

[me=Master Copy]thinks of series VII JFK episode. [/me]

But seriously, I'm hoping it doesn't make Douglas Adams roll over in his grave. Some of the casting really makes you wonder how it's really going to be.

You saw that as well huh. At least I can actually remember what Warwick Davis looks like though. Marvin is one of the best roles in the whole story!!!

By the way, the accepted acronym for Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is: H2G2

By the way, the accepted acronym for Hitchhiker's Guide To "The Galaxy is: H2G2 "

Maybe in Canada. I have Seen it the way I wrote it up there.
    Cheers

I've seen both, I don't thinkthere is an "offical" one.

Try www.h2g2.com or H2G2 on Google.

H2G2 isn't an acronym. (I know, I'm pedantic!)