Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

tape software

Thread: tape software

tape software

I scavenged a tape drive and was wondering, what tape drive software do you guys recommend for a Colorado Trakker 250? I saw this: http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg....i/trakker.html
    I have't been able to try it because I still need to dig up a parellel cable. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Re:tape software

What are the namings for parellel ports?
    Also, does anyone know of a good tape drive tutorial period?

names for paralell ports are ussually lp0, lp1...

Thanks a ton!

I tried the manuals, but I couldn't find those :P

anyway, I forgot to mention that I don't even know if the tape drive works, this is interesting however:
    Code:
    # mt -f /dev/parport0 status
    /dev/parport0: No such device

# mt -f /dev/lp0 status
    /dev/lp0: Invalid argument
    Maybe it sees the device but not as a tape drive? Also, the FM () says that in 2.1.x + kernels the tape module is included, what is the name of said module?
    Thanks again.

What kind of drive are you using?

http://www.linuxtapecert.org/

Colorado Trakker 250, which is supposed to be supported
    http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg....i/trakker.html

Like I said the drive may be broken, if so I'll just dig a different tape drive out of my 486 and hope it's not SCSI. In that case, I may just use my zip drive for backups.