Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to view taxes online for free??

Hybrid View

How to view taxes online for free??

Hi,

Is it possible to view taxes online for free from the year of 2003?? Also can i view my whole SSI from 2003 what i made online?? And what i filed?? I don't do my taxes someone else does them for me. I get SSI because of disability not because of age 65 and older. I did a search online in google and this is what i found.. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...nline+for+free

Doesn't look like it's to much info but i gave it a shot. Could someone help me out with this?? Thanks..

Re:How to view taxes online for free??

As far as I know, the only way you can view your previous tax file is if you did them online through a company, and the company keeps records.

If not, I don't think the IRS would put everyone's taxes online.

You can find all sorts of information on their website.

http://www.irs.gov

Good Guru

I don't think tax history is on line and it ever will be. It will be enoumous amount of data to be able to view everyone's taxes online. Many companies who do your taxes even don't keep electronic tax copies ( or would you trust them to be? ). Large tax companies such as H&R block will keep the records but many smaller shops won't. They will just give you the print out and they will keep one for themself. Some also keep e-copy ( like mine does ) but I doubt that being able to see a few years after you done is very marginal.

I see. Next question. I don't do my taxes like i said but how can i request a copy of my 2003 taxes?? If you know what i mean?? Thanks for the info..

Good Guru

The only way will be go to whomever you did taxes with and request a copy from them (hoping that they have it). Other than that, you can do it all over again? This time, you do not file your tax with IRS. It will be just for your record.

I used to do personal taxes myself up until a few years ago but it got too complicated now with my business and stocks and stuff so I let professionals do it for me.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=9049;start=0#msg81847 date=1082228868]
    I see. Next question. I don't do my taxes like i said but how can i request a copy of my 2003 taxes?? If you know what i mean?? Thanks for the info..
    [/quote]
    Derek,

Please browse the resources offered before asking questions.

I went to the link I posted ( http://www.irs.gov ), and in 2 minutes found this:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...110571,00.html

Good Guru

Wow .. thanks for the link.

I know some lending companies check your return but I didn't know that it was a free service.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=9049;start=0#msg81852 date=1082229465]
    The only way will be go to whomever you did taxes with and request a copy from them (hoping that they have it). Other than that, you can do it all over again? This time, you do not file your tax with IRS. It will be just for your record.

I used to do personal taxes myself up until a few years ago but it got too complicated now with my business and stocks and stuff so I let professionals do it for me.
    [/quote]

Hi Compunuts,

How do u want me to do my taxes for my record?? Will it still be on file if i did it like that?? I never filed taxes before. What type of info do i need?? I don't have any info to do my taxes if i need any info. Thanks man..

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=9049;start=0#msg82025 date=1082421006]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=9049;start=0#msg81852 date=1082229465]

[/quote]

Hi Compunuts,

How do u want me to do my taxes for my record?? Will it still be on file if i did it like that?? I never filed taxes before. What type of info do i need?? I don't have any info to do my taxes if i need any info. Thanks man..
    [/quote]
    I think he meant that, if you don't have the paperwork for your previous taxes which should have already been filed, you could just fill them out with the information from the previous year, and you'd get a "dummy" copy for your records.
    The IRS website has all the information you need on taxes.

Good Guru

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=9049;start=0#msg82028 date=1082425636]
    you'd get a "dummy" copy for your records.
    [/quote]
    Yeap, that's what I meant.